Errors, bugs, questions - page 182

Ashes:

Build 350. Testing has stopped working: updates history and disconnects, agent tab keeps CPU busy. Graph and test results tabs do not appear.

On another machine (netbook) even more interesting: after call there is no settings selection in the tester, only tab with optimizable variables (from previous test)!

It is better not to rely on finding files in the agent folder, but to pass them via #property tester_file,

The point is that the terminal itself has every right to clean up local agent directories, which it does in some cases.

alexvd:

Why?

Thanks, now I know what's what!

Renat:

It is better not to rely on finding files in the agent folder, but to pass them via #property tester_file,

The point is that the terminal itself has every right to clean up local agent directories, which it does in some cases.

And what to do, if a file name is generated programmatically? For example, it is set in the input parameters of the Expert Advisor?

gdtt:
What if the file name is generated programmatically? For example, it is set in the input parameters of the Expert Advisor?

In that case, the only way to do it is to transfer it manually.

The terminal erases agent directories only if the agent has not been used for several days. This is done to avoid leaving multi-gigabyte rubbish in their directories.

Renat:

Only manual transfer then.

The terminal only erases agent directories if the agent has not been used for several days. This is to avoid leaving multi-gigabyte rubbish in their directories.

Checked

#property tester_file "wcandleprogn.csv"

It works, tester gets the file from D:\metatrader5\MQL5\Files, thanks.

gdtt:

Checked

It works, the tester gets the file from D:\metatrader5\MQL5\Files, thank you.

If you test/optimize exclusively on local agent(s), you can write your files in a common folder of all client terminals and change opening of these files accordingly. Then you don't have to pass anything to the tester, and the files can be searched based on the input parameters.

After updating to build 350 (28 Oct 2010) the tester stopped working.

log attached.

CPU and memory on the laptop:

/- Intel seleron M 1.50 GHz 1014 -/

system - windows xp proff 32

Reinstalled everything in a different folder, still not working.

I can't understand why the terminal is allocating so much memory and this without EA, indicators are standard,

with six character charts, right after loading, build 350 ?

Screenshot below.

Files:
f50930zx9l.JPG  224 kb

To developers. Please tell me if I understand correctly that indicators called by iCustom() or IndicatorCreate() in MQL5 work in their own thread, not in a called program thread as it was in MQL4. Maybe, it can be found in the help? I just can't find it.

Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
Документация по MQL5: Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции
  • www.mql5.com
Основы языка / Функции / Вызов функции - Документация по MQL5