MetaEditor. Problems and solutions. - page 10

Yedelkin:

Today a non-standard update of the Handbook came in. At first I was asked if I wanted to update to the English version (although I have the Russian version). After agreement most part of the Handbook turned out to be in English, but the description, for example, of new FileGetInteger() function - in Russian.

...Deleting Help file did not help. It prompted to download English version again.

Apparently they haven't translated it yet.

Rosh:
Apparently, they haven't translated it yet.

I have a different version: the recipients are mixed up. They put Russian updates in the English version and sent it to Russian-speaking users. And vice versa.

Yedelkin:

I have a different version: the recipients are mixed up. They put Russian updates in the English version and sent it to Russian-speaking users. And vice versa.

The effect has been reproduced, thank you. But the languages themselves are not mixed up, that's for sure.

Rosh:
The effect has been reproduced, thank you. But the languages themselves are not mixed up, that's for sure.
Yes, one more thing: there is no Russian .chm file on the website, I restored the old one for now.

It happens that after compilation, the Error tab in the Tools window (Ctrl+T) lists the files that were compiled along with the source file line by line. Diagnostic information about errors is located on the last line. Can we make it so that the user can choose the location for this information? For instance, I personally don't need the list itself but rather an error message. That's why I'd like to see this message on the first line. As it is, I have to go down the window every time to see if there are errors in the code...
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции
Документация по MQL5: Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции
  • www.mql5.com
Стандартные константы, перечисления и структуры / Коды ошибок и предупреждений / Ошибки компиляции - Документация по MQL5

denkir:

It happens that after compilation, the Error tab in the Tools window (Ctrl+T) lists the files that were compiled along with the source file line by line. Diagnostic information about errors is located on the last line. Can we make it so that the user can choose the location for this information? For instance, I personally don't need the list itself but rather an error message. That's why I'd like to see this message on the first line. As it is, I have to go down the window every time to see if there are errors in the code...
Right click, select "Auto-scroll". Will this work?

Lizar:
Press the right-hand button, select "Autoscroll". Will this do?

Yes, that's it! Thanks for the tip.

Once again I'm convinced that the help is not written for the lazy :-))

Can you please tell me if I can print the code text on paper in such a way that the line numbering is maintained? Right now the line numbers are not printed...

Attempting to compile this code

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//|                                                       Switch.mq5 |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
ulong ulong_var=ULONG_MAX;

void OnStart()
  {
//---
   switch(ulong_var)
     {
      case ULONG_MAX:            break;
     }
   switch(ulong_var)
     {
      case 18446744073709551615: break;
     }
  }

gets results:

'ULONG_MAX'            - constant expression is not integral Switch.mq5 13 12
'18446744073709551615' - constant expression is not integral Switch.mq5 17 12

Is it supposed to? x32, x64

How do I turn off double-click word selection in ME?

I'm sick of it to the core, to the point where I want to spit and jump to another editor.