MetaEditor. Problems and solutions. - page 9

denkir:

It's a pity... I think the Editor would have been more flexible...

Here's a question. Are you planning to make a window separator? It's very inconvenient to work with code without it :-((

Not in the nearest future.

Renat:
Not anytime soon.
And not in the near future? Is there any way to draw attention to this and put it into the plans?

BoraBo:

Create a new window with a copy of the current code.

I end up with 2 windows that are always positioned on the same code section.

How do I make it possible to see different sections of code, in different windows, regardless of moving through the code in the current window?

Sorry for spamming, but please advise how can I see different code sections at the same time without using third-party editors ?

BoraBo:

Sorry for spamming, but could you please tell me how to view different sections of code at the same time without using third-party editors ?

Good question. I join in. Indeed, how?

MetaDriver:
Good question. I join in. Really, how?

I don't know exactly how to ask, but I use bookmarks for such tasks, you put two bookmarks in the right places and run between sections with F2.

But if I have more bookmarks then F2 will go through them all in a circle so if I need to track down exactly two sites, I demolish all the bookmarks and put the two I need.

Urain:

I don't know exactly how to ask, but I use bookmarks for such tasks, you put two bookmarks in the right places and run between sections with F2.

But if I have more bookmarks and F2 will go through them all around, so if I need to track down two sections, I'll put all the bookmarks and set two needed.

Come on. You can also create a copy of the file with a different name... :))

There is certainly not a question, but a veiled request to the developers - to allow the opening of multiple copies in different windows with the possibility of UNISPOSED POSITIONING.

MetaDriver:

Come on. You can also create a copy of the file with a different name... :))

This is not a question but a veiled request to developers - to permit opening of several copies in different windows WITH POSSIBILITY OF INDEPENDENT POSITIONING.

That's why I keep asking about window separator :-))

So far, I just open a copy of a file in MT x64 that I work with in MT x86. But it is not always convenient :-(

Especially when editing code.

Sometimes it is more convenient to work with bookmarks. But when you have a lot of them, you get confused sometimes :-((

Carthage must be destroyed!

denkir:

That's why I keep asking about the window separator :-))

So far, I just open a copy of a file in MT x64 that I work with in MT x86. But it is not always convenient :-(

Especially while editing code.

Sometimes it is more convenient to work with bookmarks. But when you have a lot of them, you get confused sometimes :-((

Carthage must be destroyed!

I agree, you should introduce a feature which would enable you to compare two code sections visually within one screen,

and how this will be implemented through the second level of bookmarks, or through code collapsing, or through the window divider is not so important anymore.

A few comments on the styliser.

1. Here is an example of a part of the code with long lines:

switch(massiv[u].tipo)
  {
   case  ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP:
      massiv[u].precio=fmax(NormalizeDouble(dd1+18*m_point,m_digits),SymbolInfoDouble(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_ASK)+SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL)*m_point);
      massiv[u].TP    =     NormalizeDouble(massiv[u].precio+11658*m_print,m_digits-2);
      massiv[u].SL    =fmin(NormalizeDouble(dd2-12*SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_SPREAD)*m_point,m_digits),2.5*SymbolInfoDouble(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_BID)-1.7*SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL)*m_point);
      break;
  }

In order to fit the lines into one screen, I do partial line breaks and apply the styler:

switch(massiv[u].tipo)
  {
   case  ORDER_TYPE_BUY_STOP:
      massiv[u].precio=fmax(NormalizeDouble(dd1+18*m_point,m_digits),
                            SymbolInfoDouble(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_ASK)+SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL)*m_point);
   massiv[u].TP=NormalizeDouble(massiv[u].precio+11658*m_print,m_digits-2);
   massiv[u].SL=fmin(NormalizeDouble(dd2-12*SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_SPREAD)*m_point,m_digits),
                     1.5*SymbolInfoDouble(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_BID)-1.7*SymbolInfoInteger(mercado_nombre,SYMBOL_TRADE_STOPS_LEVEL)*m_point);
   break;
  }
As you can see, the lines with massiv[u].TP and massiv[u].SL have shifted to the left, breaking the previous visually comfortable order. Also, in these lines, the styler has removed the spaces around the assignment operator.

Today a non-standard update of the Handbook came in. At first I was asked if I should update to the English version (although I have the Russian version). After agreement most part of the Handbook turned out to be in English, but the description, for example, of new FileGetInteger() function - in Russian.

...Deleting Help file did not help. It prompted me to download the English version again.

Changing language of editor didn't help.