Wishes for MT5 - page 40

stringo:
Just do it. Try it.

Yes I did, you set a timer for 1 second, then one function is calculated every time, another one has a filter every other time, the third one has 6 times and so on.

I'm talking about calculations exceeding 1 sec, they will interfere with each other.

stringo:

Actually, synchronisation has never been cancelled. You get the job done, you send a message: "Sheu, it's done".

What does synchronisation have to do with it, in the example above the total calculation time will be 25 seconds, during this time two calculations of the first function and one of the second can take place. The result will be one for each function.

Urain:

The indicator should be able to choose whether it should be OnTick or OnTimer.

I think this option would be optimal.

It would be nice if MQL5 added the following command: jmp or goto (unconditional jump);

It's hard to understand endless nested loops.

Is it even possible?

gisip:

It would be nice if MQL5 added the following command: jmp or goto (unconditional jump);

It's hard to understand endless nested loops.

Is it even possible?

And I thought I'd got rid of this atavism forever... :)

gisip:

It would be great if MQL5 could introduce jmp or goto (unconditional jump);

Is it even possible?
Absolutely not. This has already been discussed before.

gisip:

Because it's hard to understand the endless nested loops.

Is this even possible?

It's even harder to understand infinite goto. Additionally, you are almost certainly guaranteed to work with uninitialized variables and problems with memory leaks.

The goto should only be placed in capable hands, which are so capable that they can easily do without goto.

So, don't wait for goto.

It would be useful to add conditional operators to the preprocessor: if...else if defined, etc. Are there any plans to do this?

Dima_S:

It would be useful to add conditional operators to the preprocessor: if...else if defined, etc. Are there any plans to do this?

I wouldn't mind it either.

This may have already been implemented, but I haven't found it.

The idea is to disable (interrupt) the text output to the log.

More details - In some cases, we have to check values in larger loop, or when running on history, it is often enough to see only a few lines to understand the error, and further output is not needed. But you have to kill process to interrupt it, otherwise the terminal may hang for a long time.

One more thing, can you make update request not so intrusive? Terminal is still raw, often popping up one or another problem and do not want to update the terminal until you make sure it works, otherwise you can stay homeless for a few days until the update comes out.

Also, if you have been optimising for a few hours and the screen saver is on and you are prompted for an update, pressing the spacebar in the hope of just turning off the screen saver will trigger an update.....