Matstat Econometrics Matan - page 6

Олег avtomat:

Oleg, there is a strong request.
Physics is not dealt with in this thread.

denis.eremin:

How many of you are there....

What's predicted here?

PapaYozh:

What's predicted here?

Linear dependence of (y) on (x1) or(y) on (x1)+(x2)+(x3)+....(xn)

I see a linear regression there, but what it predicts is not clear.

Going back to the sheep, we can imagine that x and y are nothing but Ask and Bid. Of course, you can throw them on a plane and get a regression equation, but what does it predict?

PapaYozh:

I see a linear regression there, but what it predicts is not clear.

Going back to the sheep, we can imagine that x and y are nothing but Ask and Bid.
Of course, you can throw them on the plane and get a regression equation, but what will it predict?

And a linear regression, what does it describe?
The answer to that question, will answer your question.
Although it has already been given above.

Roman:

And linear regression, what does it describe?
The answer to this question, will answer your question.
Although it has already been given above.

So I'll say it again: threw Ask and Bib on the plane, got the regression equation, but what does it predict?

The question I asked originally: what is predicted in that picture? What is the x in there and what is the y in there? I understand that a person pulled a picture from the internet and waving it around says "look, you fools, the prediction". But there is no forecast.

PapaYozh:

So I'll say it again: threw Ask and Bib onto the plane, got a regression equation, but what does it predict?

The question I asked originally: what is predicted in that picture? What is the x in there and what is the y in there? I understand that a person pulled a picture from the internet and waving it around says "look, you fools, the prediction". But there's no forecast.

I wish you could understand the word "addiction".

Roman:

I wish you would have realised the word "dependency" yourself.

I know the word 'dependency', but without an explanation about 'x' and 'y' so the picture is irrelevant to the prediction.

PS.

I wish you would realise the word "prediction" yourself.

PapaYozh:

I know the word 'dependency', but without an explanation about 'x' and 'y' so the picture is irrelevant to the prediction.

PS.

I wish you would realise the word "prediction" yourself.

The picture was posted as an example of a non-deterministic series that is predicted.

Forecast - upwards

denis.eremin:

The picture was posted as an example of a non-deterministic series that is predicted.

The prediction is up

Are you sure it is going upwards? Maybe downwards? Or horizontally to the left?

Where is the time there? How does the process evolve over time?