MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 55

Hello, is it possible to stop the genetic algorithm and then restart it - the description says it is possible - has anyone tried this, how does it affect the quality of the optimization. It's just that the number of runs is increasing and looking at the graph, one gets the feeling that the tester is not comparing the new results with the results before the optimization was stopped.

fxsaber:

Build 2300. In pips mode volume is now taken into account, Thanks!

Too bad that volume is taken into account - in the past we could just look how effective an EA is without MM, especially if complex dependencies of signal skipping and volume generation are used.

What's the use now?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

It's too bad that volume is taken into account - before you could just look at the effectiveness of an EA without MM, especially if complex signal skipping and volume generation dependencies are used.

What's the use now - what's the use?

There is no grail.

An interesting 'discovery' has been made.

For the first time I wanted to make an indicator. And discovered that the indicator prohibits trading operations.

And it works the following way: it shows opening/closing points of an order (other things too), but there is no way to check it on the tester.

What is the reason for this restriction? Or am I doing something wrong?

fxsaber:

There are no grails.

So if the errors have been fixed that's fine, but what grail can you make an artificial one out of a constant volume of position?

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So if the errors have been fixed that's fine, but what kind of artificial grail can be made out of the constant volume of the position?

This one, for example.

fxsaber:

This one, for example.

So the solution must be in a fixed lot, not only for the calculations but also for the environment - i.e. any lot from the EA must simply be equal to one.

Aleksey Vyazmikin:

So the solution must be in a fixed lot, not only for the calculations but also for the environment - i.e. any lot from the EA must simply be equal to one.

It's working fine now.

fxsaber:

It's working fine now.

Then I've got it wrong...

fxsaber:

2310 is relevant. You can't use the pips mode on Netting.

2314 - great, thanks.