MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement - page 26

fxsaber:

If you change the input parameters in the Tester in the Settings tab via CTRL+V without going to the Settings tab and running Optimization. Then the old input parameters are placed in the opt file.

To ensure that the opt file receives the correct input parameters, it is mandatory to go to the Settings tab after importing.

Please correct.

Corrected by

Beta 2209 build with fixes is available.

I suggest doing the import via drag&drop of set/ini/opt/tst files.

Currently the fastest way to import set-file (for ini - similarly) from sandbox by hand

1. Copy contents of the set file to clipboard.
  2. Press CTRL+V on the Settings tab of the tester.

If you do it through opening a file, it takes a lot longer to get to the paths to the set.

Unfortunately, there is no quick way to import opt/tst-files. The drag&drop mechanism would probably be the quickest and most convenient.

Due to the new possibility to edit the properties of any symbol before testing, it is now possible to simulate any spread.

If a fixed spread is specified in the symbol settings, this spread will be used to generate the Ask price when generating JetyK, m1 ohlc or Open prices. But only if the spread is lower on the corresponding minute bar. If the spread is wider than the one specified, the bigger one will be used.

Thus, we can set the minimum spread for testing.

This setting does not work for real ticks

How is this possible? The profit on each order changes, but the funds and the resulting profit do not:
Files:
WTFProfit.gif  1470 kb

CTRL+V does not work like this
[Tester]
Deposit=2
Also for values 3 and 5 (10, 25).

Expiration setby ORDER_TIME_SPECIFIED does not work correctly. In the "All ticks" mode, the order is withdrawn by the candle close time of the TF under test. There are no problems in the "Every tick based on real ticks" mode.

Build 2190, win10x64:

1) The tester hesitates for about one minute before reading the forward. It can take hours during long optimizations with the multi-tester.

2)At first start up the terminal does not appear for about 5 minutes. This did not happen at first.

3) Sometimes indicators, including standard ones, are not displayed in the chart window and in a separate window. Empty windows or straight lines. No errors. Communication icon -normal.

4) If tester is called after the tool window - the terminal hangs. Restarting it helps.

5) Remove optimization charts back to the tester!

Визуализируй стратегию в тестере MetaTrader 5
Визуализируй стратегию в тестере MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Каждому из нас давно знакома поговорка "Лучше один раз увидеть, чем сто раз услышать". Вы можете прочитать десятки книг о Париже или Венеции, но мысленные образы не позволят вам испытать те же ощущения, как от прогулки по их вечерним улицам. Преимущество визуализации, или наглядного представления, может быть легко спроецировано на любой аспект...

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

MetaTrader 5 strategy tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement

fxsaber, 2019.11.13 16:17

I suggest making importing via drag&drop set/ini/opt/tst files.

Currently the fastest way to import a set file (for ini - similarly) from the sandbox by hand

1. Copy contents of the set file to clipboard.
  2. Press CTRL+V on the Settings tab of the tester.

If you do it through opening a file, it takes a lot longer to get to the paths to the set.

Unfortunately, there is no quick way to import opt/tst-files. Probably the drag&drop mechanism would be the quickest and most convenient.

I tried dragging an opt file to the Optimization tab. The forbidding cursor didn't appear, so I "let go" of the file in the tab. After that the terminal (2214) froze.

After a restart I tried again, but the cursor was already forbidding, so I couldn't reproduce it.

It may have been missed.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and trading strategy testing

MetaTrader 5 Strategy Tester: bugs, bugs, suggestions for improvement

fxsaber, 2019.11.11 02:36

The opt-file is now not getting the input parameters optimization range data for those that have been disabled from optimization.

For example, optimised by Range2 and Range1 was not optimised, but the optimisation range was set. So this range does not get into the opt file.

Please add.