Does it make sense to switch from MT4 to MT5? Why did you switch to MT5? - page 13

Renat Fatkhullin:

I've got the proof on my hands as a developer, and you've got the feel of a laptop with stuttering sound.

Upgrade your laptop and don't mislead people with tales of simplicity.

Switching to the personality of the laptop (a good laptop by the way) somehow doesn't add weight to the argument.

And charting is still as old as mammoth bones )))) and traders need charting, not ticks. You should not waste your time on this point. That way people can gradually switch to tradingview, despite the paid subscription.

Artyom Trishkin:
Your noisy crowd is hard to understand. One man's graphics haven't been updated in 10-15 years is bad, another man's graphics are wild, a third man's something else to serve. And just to take everything in the five ready - religion does not allow. It is impossible to please everyone.

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would ask for a faster horse." - Henry Ford

Yuriy Asaulenko:
We may have a very different idea of beauty).
Didn't you already implement sockets? Imho, that's the best.
There is already a connection for MT4 on the web. I don't know about 5 - I think so too. I have not got into it, but if the solutions really work, you may try to modify it for MT5.

I don't know, I have no time, then... etc. in the same style.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I get it, the native is better anyway, you have to keep track of sockets and the logic is more cumbersome.

for example, if you run multiple copies, it gets messy

I should just copy Python code fragments directly into the Expert Advisor's code and that's it

but if I copy R, it's ok, but I will redo it, it doesn't matter at all

That's how it is, the Python code is directly in the MQL code. What you want. I believe there is one for MT4. The only thing I need to convert it for 5 is MQL code.

I googled "MQL5 Python integration".

I`ve been studying it for a long time, I may be mistaken. (You are interested, you may figure it out.)

It makes sense to trade where it trades. To write EAs where the writing is done...

I switched once because it paid well. When they stopped paying, now I only open it when I need to do a multi-currency test on the whole market at once.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

So there it is, the Python code is right in the MQL code. That's what you want. I think there is one for MT4, only the MQL code needs to be reworked for 5.

I googled "MQL5 Python integration".

I`ve tried it once again, I couldn`t be more wrong.

for Python 2 there

I don't like leftovers, you never know what's inside.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

under the 2nd python there.

I don't like leftovers, you never know what's in there.

The code is open. (I don't want to be afraid of wolves.)

As for the 2nd, that's a pity. On the 2 nd do not want to).

Yuriy Asaulenko:

The code is open. (It's a bad thing to be afraid of the wolves.)

It's a pity about the 2nd one. I don't want to use the 2nd one).

It's not worth the effort, it's easier to do it with files or the same sockets.

Apparently, it's made for those who are in the tank. If such a possibility is presented as an API in a program, it is another matter

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

It's not worth the effort at all, it's easier to use files or the same sockets.

I use sockets. Frankly, I don't see the point of mixing codes in one bottle.

Files are OK too, sometimes I use them as an intermediate variant. Via SSD or RAMdisk the results are quite decent. In principle, I need faster for rare applications.

SQLite is quite good and faster instead of files. And for even faster, it must also go through memory. SQLite has a possibility of such configuration.

There is an article about SQlite for MT. I did not made it myself for MT. I gave the code for Python in my branch.

Yuriy Asaulenko:

I apply sockets. I frankly don't see the point of mixing codes in one bottle.

Files are OK too, sometimes I use them as an intermediate variant. Via SSD or RAMdisk the results are quite decent. In principle, I need faster for rare applications.

SQLite is quite good and faster instead of files. And to be fast you also need to use memory. SQLite allows such a configuration.

There was even an article about SQlite for MT. I did not make it myself for MT. For Python I gave the code in my branch.

If you run multiple copies of the program, and all access the 1-th python file, then the problem is

need to multiply the files to make them work with different interpreter calls, as I understand, write everywhere

in this case, it is easier to mix the codes if this is the case