Machine learning in trading: theory, models, practice and algo-trading - page 3114

Renat Akhtyamov #:

em-tsu-square

;)

he's a physicist

I can't get this high school problem out of my head.

In orbit at an altitude of 200 kilometres. From sea level.

A spaceship is travelling in weightlessness.

The mass of the spaceship is 1000kg.

The mass of the astronaut is 100kg.

The mass of the thermos with water is 1kg.

What is the weight of the astronaut and what is the weight of the thermos?

The velocity can be neglected.

P.Z.

Lorarica #:

I can't get this high school thing out of my head.

In orbit at an altitude of 200 kilometres From sea level.

A spaceship is travelling in zero gravity.

The mass of the spacecraft is 1000kg.

Mass of thermos with water 1 kg.

P.Z.

Incorrect conditions of the problem. The mass of the astronaut must be less than 90 kg.

Lorarica #:

I can't get this high school thing out of my head.

In orbit at an altitude of 200 kilometres From sea level.

A spaceship is travelling in zero gravity.

The mass of the spacecraft is 1000kg.

Mass of thermos with water 1 kg.

P.Z.

In weightlessness there is no weight, i.e. it is zero for both the ship, the cosmonaut and the thermos regardless of their mass, since there is no free fall acceleration.
But the mass, as a measure of inertness, remains unchanged.

Alexander Sevastyanov #:

In weightlessness there is no weight, i.e. it is zero for both the ship, cosmonaut and thermos regardless of their mass, because there is no free fall acceleration.
But mass, as a measure of inertness, remains unchanged.

Apparently, it means to calculate the attraction of the thermos to the cosmonaut and the satellite.

Maxim Dmitrievsky autocorrelation in the data.

GARCH can be useful for Forex traders, as it helps to determine the optimal level of stop loss and take profit, and to predict possible risks in trading. In addition, GARCH can be used to determine the optimal position size given the current market volatility.

To use GARCH in forex trading, a trader must first evaluate the model on historical price data. Then, using the results, he can determine the optimal stop loss and take profit level and position size. It is also possible to use GARCH to predict future changes in volatility and make appropriate decisions to open or close positions.

Overall, GARCH is a useful tool for forex traders to help account for market volatility and make more informed trading decisions.

You should have at least 2 models, one predicting direction and the other volatility. Volatility would be the responsibility of garch, let's say. What does that do for you? Well, approximately nothing, because the models will be unsynchronised in their estimates. You have predicted the direction, then you choose the risk on the basis of the Garch, what should it be? Whatever it is, because you don't know if the trade will be profitable or not.

Wonderfully informative post! Thank you! It is very useful for me, as I could not solve the problem of small but frequent profits and large, though rare, losses.

And at least which one, because you do not know whether the deal will turn out to be profitable or not.

This is not a problem: Garch will give volatility in both directions, and there as the chip will lie: profit or loss.

The question is like "which planet is closer to the earth", but without specifying. Such questions in schools nowadays, so that parents in common groups argue with each other.

СанСаныч Фоменко #:

Wonderfully informative post! Thank you! Very useful for me, as I couldn't solve the problem of small but frequent profits, and large, though rare, losses.

And at least which one, because you don't know whether a trade will turn out to be profitable or not.

It's not a problem: Garch will give volatility to one side or the other, and there as the chip will lie: profit or loss.

It is already a prediction of the direction and it is usually more complicated.

Alexander Sevastyanov #:

In weightlessness there is no weight, i.e. it is zero for both the ship, cosmonaut and thermos regardless of their mass, because there is no free fall acceleration.
But mass, as a measure of inertness, remains unchanged.

Try not to think about the ship.

Think of a thermos. How much does a thermos weigh without a ship?

If there is no weight, what keeps the thermos in orbit?

Lorarica #:

Think about the thermos. How much does the thermos weigh without the ship?

Well, if you don't have to think about the ship or the astronaut, but only about the thermos, then it probably weighs a little more than 0.1 Newton.

Lorarica #:

Think about the thermos. How much does the thermos weigh without the ship?

Bodies in orbit are held and kept weightless by the balance of gravitational force and centrifugal force.
The acceleration of free fall decreases in proportion to the square of the distance as you move away from the centre of the planet.