Do graphical objects all require time and price properties ?

I'm reading through the book and reference docs. 

Regarding "properties" for OBJ_ARROW

Are the time and price coordinates required for this type ? 

I see the 3 parameter requirement for ObjectSet and if I understand correctly the time is required ? 

I want to set the arrow more like a button where you can set x/y. Is this not possible for OBJ_ARROW type ? 

Please confirm thanks.  
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Objects Constants / Object Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Object Properties - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

William Roeder #:

Don't double post! You already had another thread open.

General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum (2017)

What does the example show for arrows? OBJ_ARROW - Object Types - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference

Thanks, I see it time,price. 
I sincerely thank you for your response too. I realize no one has to answer me at all with knowledge they have obtained. 

I would like to express this subject.
I never intentionally double post and I am sure there are those who do and don't care while many others just don't realize.

Sincerely sorry for double post.

Just a note to consider please. 
This may seem elementary to code pro's but to non coders many of us view a particular question about a particular thing to be singular even if it's in an umbrella category as graphic objects questions. Many believe it's not exactly related except categorically but not specifically if that makes sense at all.  

Not to be funny or anything but for example, non experienced coders think in terms like "about spaghetti sauce" vs a question "about mac and cheese sauce" and coders think it's all the same cause it's "all about pasta" so they say don't double post. 

Not that extreme but just saying I never intentionally double post. For many of us inexperienced coders, we only realize this after we gain more experience that it's actually a double post.
I'm sure it's quit frustration to keep helping people over and over for what seems like the exact same question. It's not intentional but we don't know where else to go and still want to learn about it. 

I do thank you for your answers and you always seem to be there answering.
I'll try to do better to categorize my questions in the future to be sure I'm not actually asking something that really may have already been answered.    

Thanks

The reason we “old timers” sometimes get a little bitter in our answers is because we recognise modern coders as being very spoiled in their outlook on how to learn to program. Every time they run into some little difficulty, they rush to some forum and post their queries, hoping for a quick answer. That is the convenience of the modern Internet, but makes for the development of poorly skilled coders.

In the time of us “oldies”, there was no Internet or for those slightly younger, the Internet was still very much an infant and such forums did not exist. For us, we only had hard-copy manuals over which we obsessed and read and re-read to find an answer. We would code and test, and change the code and re-test, until we could decipher it and truly understand how things worked.

This method of learning, has been totally lost on most of today’s modern coders, because of the convenience of the Internet, but it was this old method that made for better programmers who truly understood things down to the very nitty-gritty bits and bytes of programming and how to develop truly logical mindsets. Truly understanding things through deep research and trial-and-error built up our experience and knowledge.

However, modern coders don’t follow this old style method and just want quick answers to things, and so never build up the experience and knowledge properly. Instead, they are stuck in this never-ending poor skilled level of always running to the forum to find the answer and the next quick-fix like drug junkies, never really truly understanding the subject properly nor developing the skills that create a logical mind-set to resolve the issues themselves.

This is the main reason we “old timers”, many times get accused of being arrogant, condescending, or just plain bitter. We learned things the hard way and find it insulting when coders complain we are not willing to spoon-feed them quick answers to their spoiled outlook on coding.

By not giving you the quick answers, we are honestly trying to cultivate in you the proper mind-set, and the discipline, that will help you become better programmers. We don’t want to see a future where all programmers are just script-kiddies. We want a future build on the same or better foundations we lived through. That is our goal, even if it seems we are just being bitter, grumpy old timers.

Fernando Carreiro #:
The reason we “old timers” sometimes get a little bitter in our answers is because we recognise modern coders as being very spoiled in their outlook on how to learn to program. Every time they run into some little difficulty, they rush to some forum and post their queries, hoping for a quick answer. That is the convenience of the modern Internet, but makes for the development of poorly skilled coders.

In the time of us “oldies”, there was no Internet or for those slightly younger, the Internet was still very much an infant and such forums did not exist. For us, we only had hard-copy manuals over which we obsessed and read and re-read to find an answer. We would code and test, and change the code and re-test, until we could decipher it and truly understand how things worked.

This method of learning, has been totally lost on most of today’s modern coders, because of the convenience of the Internet, but it was this old method that made for better programmers who truly understood things down to the very nitty-gritty bits and bytes of programming and how to develop truly logical mindsets. Truly understanding things through deep research and trial-and-error built up our experience and knowledge.

However, modern coders don’t follow this old style method and just want quick answers to things, and so never build up the experience and knowledge properly. Instead, they are stuck in this never-ending poor skilled level of always running to the forum to find the answer and the next quick-fix like drug junkies, never really truly understanding the subject properly nor developing the skills that create a logical mind-set to resolve the issues themselves.

This is the main reason we “old timers”, many times get accused of being arrogant, condescending, or just plain bitter. We learned things the hard way and find it insulting when coders complain we are not willing to spoon-feed them quick answers to their spoiled outlook on coding.

By not giving you the quick answers, we are honestly trying to cultivate in you the proper mind-set, and the discipline, that will help you become better programmers. We don’t want to see a future where all programmers are just script-kiddies. We want a future build on the same or better foundations we lived through. That is our goal, even if it seems we are just being bitter, grumpy old timers.

I get that for sure and can understand this. I do thank everyone for their responses. It always helps even if I don't understand it right away. 
I am usually very good to find my own answer but code is like learning to speak from reading a dictionary. It's all there but doesn't exactly say anything meaningful without speaking the language. 

So in this case I didn't know if there were a specific number of properties for each type of graphic object or not and how many.

What has now happened is that I asked a question without stating what I was specifically looking to do. 
What I really wanted was a "static" UP/DOWN ARROW that is located with x/y similar to a Button.
When reading the object types the appearance of the ARROW seemed like what I wanted. I had no idea it required time/price and would move around the chart. That's because I didn't know the required properties until after the fact. In the end this isn't something I even wanted. I would have known this if this if I found a required properties listed for OBJ_ARROW. I see date/price in the example but didn't realize this is assumed to be required properties. I was thinking an example of a working model not requirements. 

Well, anyhow, It seems that OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL may be what I need to use since I don't want the arrow moving around the chart at all. I just want it to appear, or go up and down in the same place all the time. 

I don't want to pester the forums for every little thing. I usually read the reference, book, search the codebase to find example of something I'm looking for and search the web and other forums before posting a question at all. 

So thanks again to everyone and I enjoy all the answers and time everyone donates to the forum. 

Object Types - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Object Types - Objects Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com

Agent86 #:

Well, anyhow, It seems that OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL may be what I need to use since I don't want the arrow moving around the chart at all. I just want it to appear, or go up and down in the same place all the time. 

You can use OBJ_LABEL with the Wingdings font

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/16867

Wingdings Error
Wingdings Error
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, A HAPPY NEW YEAR! Guys :) I'm struggling with Wingdings With the above script, the character is garbled as below. Why is that...

Keith Watford #:

You can use OBJ_LABEL with the Wingdings font

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/16867

Yep got it thanks.