Are product authors (Market sellers) expected/required to support their products?

Hi! Please see subject.

Also, do buyers have any recourse if sellers do not support their products (i.e. a refund processed by MQL5.com)?

It seems like some authors/sellers are unresponsive regarding pre-sales support, so I'm not too confident they will be present to support issues/questions (e.g. usage instructions, bugs, etc.) once purchased.

Thanks!

ddchbm:

Hi! Please see subject.

Also, do buyers have any recourse if sellers do not support their products (i.e. a refund processed by MQL5.com)?

It seems like some authors/sellers are unresponsive regarding pre-sales support, so I'm not too confident they will be present to support issues/questions (e.g. usage instructions, bugs, etc.) once purchased.

Thanks!

Product authors need to maintain the functionilty in the event of MQL updates but that is it.  

There is no right to support or refunds but you can try the products first using the demo facility.

All that said decent authors will maintain and enhance their products and provide support.

https://www.mql5.com/en/market/rules

Rules of Using the Market Service
Rules of Using the Market Service
  • www.mql5.com
General Provisions and Conditions of Use service Market

ddchbm:

Hi! Please see subject.

Thanks!

Hi,

Generally whenever you are purchasing or getting a product developed, Seller do support for anything as such in general as even they are worried about reviews they may get after the purchase, if they wouldn't support back definitely they will get the stars dropping down which will impact further upcoming client sales towards them. So its a wise decision to get a Seller who is interactive more instead of just selling anything with no words spoken anytime.

Further most of the sellers do provide demo also for testing, whereas if you are getting anything developed from scratch "FREELANCE" then in that case also the "Handover and Payment" is the last stage and before that various stages exist like - Demonstration, Requirements Negotiation so you can always get things planned and developed as per your plans.

After Delivery of "FREELANCE" Product surely it depends upon individual personal relationships, they may support or not too.