Examples: Offline Charts in the New MQL4

New article Offline Charts in the New MQL4 has been published:

Updated MQL4 has the new format for storing historical data and provides the appropriate MqlRates structure for convenient storage of Time, Open, Low, High, Close and Volume values. For many years, traders have developed their MQL4 applications that collect and store their data in HST files for generating offline charts. We can assure you that all previously compiled EX4 files will work in the new MetaTrader 4 terminal the same way as before.

Author: MetaQuotes Software Corp.

Thanks for a Great article :)

I have an EA that produce me a Renko offline chart, and I understood that it is imposible to produce this kind of chart in MQL5 .

Will i be able to use this EA on MQL4 build 6.0 and higher ?

If it can be done on MQL4, why can't we do it on MQL5 ?

thanks

gal

hst file ? That is not new data file. hcc is !

How to write hcc file ?

galsa:

I have an EA that produce me a Renko offline chart, and I understood that it is imposible to produce this kind of chart in MQL5 .

thanks

gal

Do you mind to share how do you write the hst.file format ??? The header and the body content . I've been trying to write mine ( as an EA too ) but I just can't get the offline chart working . The bars it returns is wrong and the From and To date goes the other way round, meaning FROM 2002 TO 1970 ( Something's wrong obviously ) . I post a question but there's still no reply yet .

Can we run EAs on offline charts?

galsa:

thanks

gal

I am looking for such an EA that produce me a Renko offline chart. would you please let me know what is the name of this EA?

bah12ram:
I am looking for such an EA that produce me a Renko offline chart. would you please let me know what is the name of this EA?
This is impossible on MQL5 due to technical limitations of the platform. As for MQL4 version, you can find a lot such EAs - just use search ("renko") here on the site.