Cannot download Expert Advisors in MT4

Hello:

I am logged in in MT4 and I purchaded some EAs in the past but now I cannot download them in the terminal

I am using MT4 in my VPS with provider Vultr, and I get this error message when I try to install the EA in the terminal       "MQL 4 market: failed download product 'EA_name' [403].

I can download it in my personal computer, but not in my VPS, I contacted the EA creator, and he sent me here to ask

Any ideas what could be the problem?

Productivity - USA - Fundamental Analysis - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
Productivity - USA - Fundamental Analysis - Price Charts, Technical and Fundamental Analysis - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
The productivity index measures the output produced for each hour of labor worked. This indicator is useful for predicting inflation and output...

I know that error 403 = no internet access to the Market.
If no access so -
  • it may be some firewall or antivirus which are blocking the access to the Market,
  • or the people are using old builds of MT4/MT5, or they are on old versions of Windows.
  • Or it is related to zomro VPS provider (and some other VPS providers) which were blocked from the Market with all the subnets:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Why is access to www.mql4.com closed?

Renat Fatkhullin , 2020.11.17 12:16

It works exactly as intended.

The entire Zomro provider with subnets is blocked for massive fraudulent activities from its subnets.

Enough already naive build. You knew why you need this particular provider.

If your VPS provider can not fix it - change VPS provider.

More -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

I can't install my free download ea in mt4

Sergey Golubev, 2022.02.25 06:13

403 error = no internet access to the Market.
It can be because of the following reasons:

----------------

Make sure -

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that your antivirus or firewall is not blocking the access to the Market (disable antivirus or firewall during the installation);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login - not your email;
  • that you installing this product for the first time (same error is provided by Metatrader in case you already install this product in your Metatrader instance but you forgot it and trying to install it once again);
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information);
  • some VPS providers were banned from the Market (you may get some "error 403" or similar);
  • more ..

----------------

For example - VPS provider Zomro with subnets was blocked from MQL5 (read post #19):

Sergey Golubev #:
I know that error 403 = no internet access to the Market.
If no access so -
  • it may be some firewall or antivirus which are blocking the access to the Market,
  • or the people are using old builds of MT4/MT5, or they are on old versions of Windows.
  • Or it is related to zomro VPS provider (and some other VPS providers) which were blocked from the Market with all the subnets:

If your VPS provider can not fix it - change VPS provider.

• that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);
  • that your antivirus or firewall is not blocking the access to the Market (disable antivirus or firewall during the installation);
  • that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,
  • that you are login to Community folder using your login - not your email;
  • that you installing this product for the first time (same error is provided by Metatrader in case you already install this product in your Metatrader instance but you forgot it and trying to install it once again);
  • that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information);
  • some VPS providers were banned from the Market (you may get some "error 403" or similar);
  • more ..

Thanks for the answer, I have analysed and tried all the options that I could, and there are some that I cannot change / modify easily.

- old version of Windows (mine is 2008 server, but 6 months ago I had the same setup and it worked perfectly... I am not sure if this is the problem)

- maybe Vultr provider is banned? (But I can log in in the market and see my products, does it mean it is not banned? But on the other hand I cannot download, the rest of things work well...)

I can log in in MQL5 and search in the market of the terminal and everything, so I do not understand.... I can search and log in and everything, and see my products, but when I try to download is when I have the problem.

And 6 months ago I did not have any problems, everything worked fine, so I do not know what is the problem but I think it is not my internet explorer, or metatrader or the MQL5 password, because everything is the same as 6 months ago and it worked and now it does not work....

Thanks for helping, I will see if I have the change to try with another setup / VPS

The problem can be with the VPS. My VPS is ForexVPS, I has the same issue, I contacted ForexVPS supprot and they reinstall the server. Then the problem solved