Intel Core i5-7300HQ @ 2.50GHz, 8112MB, build 3210 with PR 137 just not cutting it for Metatester

Hiya, I'm a little new here so apologies if any rules are broken / if my question is already answered somewhere.

Has the average required PR to make profit gone up since the writing of the initial documentation articles? My i5 just doesn't seem to be getting jobs. My Ryzen 9 is getting profit just fine with a little over 150 PR and I started that one ways after I started the first, do I just need to let the guy vibe a bit longer to see results? If it isn't suited for Metatrader as of now do you think overclocking it could push it over? It's a laptop processor so it might be getting throttled to hell but I've got a spare cooling pad I could plug into it.

Are there any other ways you guys know about to sell spare cores? It's got an old mid graphics card too but I haven't found any algorithms that it can get me a profit from with my current power cost. Any help with generating passive income from this processor / old gaming laptops in general would be appreciated.

Jaspar:

Hiya, I'm a little new here so apologies if any rules are broken / if my question is already answered somewhere.

Has the average required PR to make profit gone up since the writing of the initial documentation articles? My i5 just doesn't seem to be getting jobs. My Ryzen 9 is getting profit just fine with a little over 150 PR and I started that one ways after I started the first, do I just need to let the guy vibe a bit longer to see results? If it isn't suited for Metatrader as of now do you think overclocking it could push it over? It's a laptop processor so it might be getting throttled to hell but I've got a spare cooling pad I could plug into it.

Are there any other ways you guys know about to sell spare cores? It's got an old mid graphics card too but I haven't found any algorithms that it can get me a profit from with my current power cost. Any help with generating passive income from this processor / old gaming laptops in general would be appreciated.

It is to be expected, that as time goes by, more users are adding their more modern and more powerful machines to the cloud and the less powerful machines get less jobs to process.

I have an i7 and even that, 4 years ago, did not make much profit and I gave up on it. In my opinion, no matter how powerful your machine, taking into account the cost of the setup, the energy consumption and life-time degradation of the parts when maxing it out, I don't believe the profit is worthwhile. If you are going to do it, make it more about the community and less about the potential profit.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Hyper-V problems and minimum requirements for MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents!

Fernando Carreiro, 2017.02.18 03:41

Just an update - so far there has been no response from the Service Desk and the ticket remains open.

Below is a graph of the earnings so far, but a word of advice - keep your installation up to date, otherwise you will soon notice a decline in activity.

If you use the standard build-in agents of a normal MetaTrader 5 setup, then you will have the LiveUpdate but if you you use a separate installation of the “MQL5 Strategy Tester Agents” (which was my case), then you will have to manually keep it up to date.

Average PR (Performance Ratio) of 142, available 24/7:  Intel Core i7-4790T @ 2.70GHz, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD (Windows 10 Pro 64-bit)