Serious issue with the new version of the MT5 compiler. - page 2

Alain Verleyen #:

If you want a bug to be fixed you will need to post code to reproduce your issue. Doesn't need to be your real code but minimum code that compiles and shows the problem.

Did you try with 3194 which is the last beta available ?

Don't waste your time asking that, you will never get it (it has been discussed numerous time on this forum). Deal with it.

The problem is not on a special part of code. I am changing and removing some parts of code for more than 3 weeks. I understand the problem is completely random. Not for a specific line of code.

If there is wrong things on my code, why 2755 compiler works correctly?

Yes, the issue exist on 3194 also.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I once had a strange issue with "unknown error" and I went over my code several times trying to "fix it".

Eventually it was fixed by mistake, by opening it in Visual Studio Code (to removal all unnecessary white-space), only to discover I had some unknown UNICODE character in my white-space that could not be seen (but was identified in VSC by a square around the offending character).

After removing the strange character and cleaning up my white-space, MetaEditor was able to compile it.

So, try opening your code up in VSC, clean up the white-space and try to see if there are any unknown UNICODE characters in there.

Thank you for your point.

My code is compiling correctly without any error or warning. The problem occur when using indicator on chart.

Ismail Hakki Delibas #: Thank you for your point. My code is compiling correctly without any error or warning. The problem occur when using indicator on chart.
Please post the log output (or screenshot) so we can see what error is output!

Fernando Carreiro #:
Please post the log output (or screenshot) so we can see what error is output!

Attached :

It is strange. I am working more than 10 years on metatrader and metaeditor. It if first time I see such error message.
Files:

Ismail Hakki Delibas #: Attached: It is strange. I am working more than 10 years on metatrader and metaeditor. It if first time I see such error message.

OK, so its not just an unknown error, but an actual "Access violation" and crash. Given that information, maybe Alain can give the MetaQuotes team your file in private for them to test and see what is the bug in the compiler or runtime.

But it would help if you can remove as much code from it as possible while still generating the error to help narrow down what might be the cause, before providing the file for analysis by the dev team.

Ismail Hakki Delibas #:

The problem is not on a special part of code. I am changing and removing some parts of code for more than 3 weeks. I understand the problem is completely random. Not for a specific line of code.

If there is wrong things on my code, why 2755 compiler works correctly?

Yes, the issue exist on 3194 also.

That's a bug in MT5 which is triggered by something in YOUR code. Without your code they will not even check it.

Ismail Hakki Delibas #:

Attached :

It is strange. I am working more than 10 years on metatrader and metaeditor. It if first time I see such error message.

This is an access violation error that occurs at the machine code level. You wrote that an indicator compiled in one version does not work in another. Most likely, this is the problem.

Mihail Matkovskij #:

This is an access violation error that occurs at the machine code level. You wrote that an indicator compiled in one version does not work in another. Most likely, this is the problem.

1. Compiling with 2755 and running on 2755 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
2. Compiling with 2755 and running on 3185 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
3. Compiling with 3185 and running on 3185 : The error appears.
4. Compiling with 3185 and running on 2755 : The error appears.

Fernando Carreiro #:

OK, so its not just an unknown error, but an actual "Access violation" and crash. Given that information, maybe Alain can give the MetaQuotes team your file in private for them to test and see what is the bug in the compiler or runtime.

But it would help if you can remove as much code from it as possible while still generating the error to help narrow down what might be the cause, before providing the file for analysis by the dev team.

Alain Verleyen #:

That's a bug in MT5 which is triggered by something in YOUR code. Without your code they will not even check it.

Thanks. I will try to do it and hope to succeed. Because the error is completely random. The error is thrown by something on the compiler and not my code. So finding a line of code may be impossible.

If I can find a line that throws the error I remove the line and develop the code with another architecture !