Serious issue with the new version of the MT5 compiler.

I wanted to send this issue to the service desk. But unfortunately there is no relative category there. Hope to MQL Admins check this topic.

I have a serious issue with the new version of the MT5 compiler.I developed an indicator and the indicator stopped working due to an unknown error.
After 3 weeks of checking and debugging code, I found the issue on the update of MT5.The error message screenshot attached. After this error, the indicator stopped working.
I explain below all the details :I am using MT5 build 2755 and Build 3185.There are 4 different cases :

1. Compiling with 2755 and running on 2755 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
2. Compiling with 2755 and running on 3185 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
3. Compiling with 3185 and running on 3185 : The error appears.
4. Compiling with 3185 and running on 2755 : The error appears.

So from the above tests, I find the issue is on new versions of MT5 compiler.Please fix the issue. This is very important to me and all other developers.

(Build 3180 results are same as build 3185)

Also another request :Please disable the auto update of the terminal. Some versions update without my confirmation. I had build 2755 but after restarting the terminal, it is updated to 3180 without my confirmation.

Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / order_calc_margin
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / order_calc_margin
  • www.mql5.com
order_calc_margin - MetaTrader for Python - Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:

Ismail Hakki Delibas:

I wanted to send this issue to the service desk. But unfortunately there is no relative category there. Hope to MQL Admins check this topic.

I have a serious issue with the new version of the MT5 compiler.I developed an indicator and the indicator stopped working due to an unknown error.
After 3 weeks of checking and debugging code, I found the issue on the update of MT5.The error message screenshot attached. After this error, the indicator stopped working.
I explain below all the details :I am using MT5 build 2755 and Build 3185.There are 4 different cases :

1. Compiling with 2755 and running on 2755 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
2. Compiling with 2755 and running on 3185 : No Error. Indicator is working correctly.
3. Compiling with 3185 and running on 3185 : The error appears.
4. Compiling with 3185 and running on 2755 : The error appears.

So from the above tests, I find the issue is on new versions of MT5 compiler.Please fix the issue. This is very important to me and all other developers.

(Build 3180 results are same as build 3185)

If you want a bug to be fixed you will need to post code to reproduce your issue. Doesn't need to be your real code but minimum code that compiles and shows the problem.

Did you try with 3194 which is the last beta available ?

Also another request :Please disable the auto update of the terminal. Some versions update without my confirmation. I had build 2755 but after restarting the terminal, it is updated to 3180 without my confirmation.

Don't waste your time asking that, you will never get it (it has been discussed numerous time on this forum). Deal with it.

Ismail Hakki Delibas: I have a serious issue with the new version of the MT5 compiler.I developed an indicator and the indicator stopped working due to an unknown error.

I once had a strange issue with "unknown error" and I went over my code several times trying to "fix it".

Eventually it was fixed by mistake, by opening it in Visual Studio Code (to removal all unnecessary white-space), only to discover I had some unknown UNICODE character in my white-space that could not be seen (but was identified in VSC by a square around the offending character).

After removing the strange character and cleaning up my white-space, MetaEditor was able to compile it.

So, try opening your code up in VSC, clean up the white-space and try to see if there are any unknown UNICODE characters in there.

Fernando Carreiro #:

I once had a strange issue with "unknown error" and I went over my code several times trying to "fix it".

Eventually it was fixed by mistake, by opening it in Visual Studio Code (to removal all unnecessary white-space), only to discover I had some unknown UNICODE character in my white-space that could not be seen (but was identified in VSC by a square around the offending character).

After removing the strange character and cleaning up my white-space, MetaEditor was able to compile it.

So, try opening your code up in VSC, clean up the white-space and try to see if there are any unknown UNICODE characters in there.

He can try but I doubt his code would compile with an old build if it was the problem.

Alain Verleyen #: He can try but I doubt his code would compile with an old build if it was the problem.

In my case it was exactly that. It would compile on an older build but not a newer. Don't ask me why. I have no idea. I also have no idea how the strange Unicode character got in there either.

Fernando Carreiro #:

In my case it was exactly that. It would compile on an older build but not a newer. Don't ask me why. I have no idea. I also have no idea how the strange Unicode character got in there either.

Ok, weird but good to know. Thank you.

Ismail Hakki Delibas:

Which version of 3185, release or beta? For application development, it is better to use a release build.

Mihail Matkovskij #: Which version of 3185, release or beta? For application development, it is better to use a release build.

3185 is obviously beta! There is no "stable" release of 3185. The stable release was 3180 and then 3210.

Fernando Carreiro #:

3185 is obviously beta! There is no "stable" release of 3185. The stable release was 3180 and then 3210.

Your answer confirm my assumption. I also have build 3180.

Can you tell me how you determine what is the next release build?

Mihail Matkovskij #:

Your answer confirm my assumption. I also have build 3180.

Can you tell me how you determine what is the next release build?

That's the ones publicly announced on this forum.

Alain Verleyen #:
That's the ones publicly announced on this forum.

Exactly. Found in a search. Now I know where to look. Thanks!