VPS not sending me indicator signals, what do I do?

I recently bought the VPS and tried to set it up, so I could receive signals from my indicator. The problem is that it is not sending me signals when my laptop is off. It will only send them when my laptop is on. Have I set it up wrong and what can I do to fix this problem?

If it is about MQL5 VPS (which is mostly for autotrading and for subscription for the signals) so - check MQL5 VPS journal about what was written there.
Besides, please note that any dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS so if your indicator is using or trying to use any dll (incl Windows dll) so it will not work.

If it is about any other (external) VPS so - ask the seller for advice.

Sergey Golubev #:

If it is about MQL5 VPS (which is mostly for autotrading and for subscription for the signals) so - check MQL5 VPS journal about what was written there.
Besides, please note that any dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS so if your indicator is using or trying to use any dll (incl Windows dll) so it will not work.

If it is about any other (external) VPS so - ask the seller for advice.

I bought the VPS from the MQL5 website to use it to send me signals from my indicator so I would not have to have my laptop on all the time. Are you saying that it is not possible to do this?

Yazmiinldn #:

I bought the VPS from the MQL5 website to use it to send me signals from my indicator so I would not have to have my laptop on all the time. Are you saying that it is not possible to do this?

If your indicator is using dll to seld you the signal (by email? ...) so this indicator will not work because dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS.
Besides, you check MQL5 VPS journal about it to understand:

• how did you migrate/synchronize the chart with your indicato with this VPS,
  • it works or not, and if not - why (it should be written there.
Today is the weekend and forex market is closed (price on the chart is not moved) so check it on Monday.
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / order_calc_margin
Documentation on MQL5: Integration / MetaTrader for Python / order_calc_margin
  • www.mql5.com
order_calc_margin - MetaTrader for Python - Integration - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Sergey Golubev #:

If your indicator is using dll to seld you the signal (by email? ...) so this indicator will not work because dll is prohibited on MQL5 VPS.
Besides, you check MQL5 VPS journal about it to understand:

• how did you migrate/synchronize the chart with your indicato with this VPS,
  • it works or not, and if not - why (it should be written there.
Today is the weekend and forex market is closed (price on the chart is not moved) so check it on Monday.

My indicator does not send me signals via e-mail. Yes, I will read more up on how to actually set the VPS up correctly so I can trade again on Monday. Thank you for your help.

Have you migrated you indicator according to this instruction (the video): https://www.mql5.com/en/vps/manage-forex-vps

Check on your laptop that everything is working properly. Check the logs. Send your email or push(?) and check whether you get it? Only then go and migrate your account.

How to rent a virtual private server for forex trading - VPS for MetaTrader 4/5
How to rent a virtual private server for forex trading - VPS for MetaTrader 4/5
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader VPS for forex trading can be rented and managed straight from the platform in just a couple of clicks