will gladly pay for a MT4 EA that locks in profit as a percentage of max unrealized PNL

Hi all.

I've been reviewing various EAs on the MT4 marketplace but none seem to do what I am looking for.

The EA should calculate the PNL on every tick and always maintain the max PNL value reached, name it MaxPnl.

On every new MaxPnl greater than a threshold (e.g. $20 equity or 3 pips) it should update a SL order so that it triggers

X% below the MaxPnl.

Here is a complete example for parameters threshold=$20, percentage=40%

At 9:20 am the MaxPnl is $15, is $15 > $20 NO -> do nothing, SL is the same as originally set at the beginning of the trade

At 10:00 am the MaxPnl is $50, is $50 > $20 YES, then set a SL to 40% below the MaxPnl, i.e. we're locking in $30 of profit (slippage may still occur)

At 10:01 am the MaxPnl is $60, is $60 > $20 YES, then update the SL to 40% below the MaxPnl, i.e. $36 of locked in profit

Can you please recommend an EA that gives me this? I'd gladly pay $100 USD for it.

The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
The Fundamentals of Testing in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
What are the differences between the three modes of testing in MetaTrader 5, and what should be particularly looked for? How does the testing of an EA, trading simultaneously on multiple instruments, take place? When and how are the indicator values calculated during testing, and how are the events handled? How to synchronize the bars from different instruments during testing in an "open prices only" mode? This article aims to provide answers to these and many other questions.

snikoz-cad: Can you please recommend an EA that gives me this? I'd gladly pay $100 USD for it.
  1. Recommendations in the market/code base are forbidden. Do your own research.
  2. Or, post a job in Freelance

You basically describing a trailing stop-loss. Why complicate things. Just set trailing-stop on each trade instead of having a "basket" trailing stop.

There is already trailing stop function in MetaTrader and many trailing-stop EAs available for free in the CodeBase and many more in the Market.