MT5 Problem - lack of fluid price movement

Hello everyone,

I have been using MT5 for a very long time as it is a well rounded trading software. Until recently i had no issues with it, but around mid-december the price movements in my charts became much less fluid.

As example - looking at the 1 minute chart, before when price was moving, the move within the candle seemed smooth and clearly corresponding to the movement (which could be clearly seen during fast price movements ex. 50 pips in 3-5 min).

Currently it seems like the program is skipping seconds and just updating the candle once it reaches the server (if a price within a candle moved 10 pips in 1 min, it seems like during that minute it didnt show tick data, but MT5 skips 1-3-4 seconds and just "jumps" to the price level it is currently).

Is there a way to fix this? Is it MT5 issue? I've had no problems with Mt5 before, one day i just opened it and the problem persisted ever since.

I thought it could be indicator based, but the program does exactly the same on a clean chart with 0 indicators.

Could anyone help please?

Thank you!

Xpl0siv:

Hello everyone,

I have been using MT5 for a very long time as it is a well rounded trading software. Until recently i had no issues with it, but around mid-december the price movements in my charts became much less fluid.

Could anyone help please?

Thank you!

As the quotes are coming from the broker it might have change its liquidity provider or the internet connection has changed. Ask there, open an demo account and look whether it happens there as well and/or look for another broker to compare the quotes ...

Base don my experience, I would say mostly it is a laptop configuration and internet configuration issue.

On your laptop, ensure that you have enough installed RAM and available physical Memory. 

on Windows, search for system information and then you will find the details of your "Physical memory" ie RAM. 

You might have a 4 GB RAM but the RAM available might be much less may be only 1.5 GB or something. This is just an example. 

Also if lot of other application are running on the system it may eat up your CPU usage too much, so you should try to free up some CPU usage as well. 

Regarding internet configuration, check the bandwidth from your provider, It's not actually the download and upload speed.

There may be many many devices connected to your internet, laptops mobile, These all will reduce the bandwidth available for one laptop. 

Another problem I had faced earlier was having multiple wi-fi available on SAME frequency in the vicinity, they tend to cancel the waves and hence results in frequent disconnection of internet service, resulting in intermittent data.

Summary:
1) Laptop configuration: 

Make more RAM available.

Make more CPU power available.

2) Internet configuration:

Make more bandwidth available.