Metatrader 5 is generating "Blue Screen of Death"

Hello guys!

When I use Metatrader 5's strategy tester optimizer, the program is generating a "Blue screen of death" Windows error screen.

The problem happens on my Windows 7 PC (Intel i5 processor) and on my Windows 8 PC (Intel i7 processor). Both with 16MB of RAM memory.

Has anyone here already been through this and would know how to inform me why this happens? Or, is there any way I can fix this problem?

Thank you.

Cristiano

Metatrader 5 is not supporting 32-bit Windows.
It means that MT5 must not work on Windows 7 and Windows 8 with 32-bit.

More details:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

MT5 error

William Roeder, 2021.07.29 13:12

The MetaTrader platforms will no longer support Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista after 01 October 2017.
          Support for Windows XP / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017 - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.06.01

Support for the 32-bit platform version was discontinued 20.03, after the release of build 2361. We strongly recommend upgrading to the 64-bit MetaTrader 4 5 version in order to access all the platform's features without any limitation.

Windows 7 extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ended officially, and it ends in January 2023 for good.
          New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 2020.01.22

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Can't open MT5 on my Windows.

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.09 05:23

1. Windows 32-bit is not supported by Metatrader 5 anymore.
So, Metatrader 5 will not be started/opened in case your Windows is 32-bit.
You may check it when you are able to open MT5:

2. Several traders had this issue (it is what I can read on this forum), and this issue was related to their anti-virus and/or firewall in their Windows.
Yes, several users fixed this issue by themselves, and they told to all of us: "it is issue related to anti-virus and/or firewall."
Two users are from Russian forum and one from this forum.
So, close your antivirus (turn it off) and made an exception in antivirus for Metatrader.

3. beta builds; try to install released/stable version - look at post and on the following:

4. Are you using some external VPS?
Because some VPS providers were banned from the Market and from mql5 portal.

My PCs aren't 32 bits. They're 64 bits.

I attached a photo of Blue Screen of Death.

Sergey Golubev #:

Metatrader 5 is not supporting 32-bit Windows.
It means that MT5 must not work on Windows 7 and Windows 8 with 32-bit.

More details:

Files:
blue_screen.jpg  147 kb

Are you using panda antivirus? That's the source of your issue.
Google nnshttps.dll and see yourself.

crixtiano #:

My PCs aren't 32 bits. They're 64 bits.

I attached a photo of Blue Screen of Death.

No one knows your PCs - about 32-bit or 64-bit (you knows only).
I just collected many cases from the forum and replied to you with many reasons such as the following:

• old versions of Windows;
  • old builds of MT5;
  • beta builds of MT5;
  • your antivirus (a lot of cases came from anrivirus);
  • your EA which you optimized ("global variables" issue for example);
  • some external VPS providers were banned from mql5 services - for example;
  • more.

You can select your reason for possible fixing.
But most of the cases related to "can not open/start MT5" came from antivirus which the users installed on their PCs.