Combining 2 x MT5 indicators into 1 indicator

Gday all,

I've have a question about combining 2 standard MT5 line type indicators here.

I quite often drag a standard CCI indicator into a SMA indicator window to serve as a filter for trading.

Is there any simple way to save the standard CCI and SMA into one  indicator in MetaEditor?  Or does it require a coder work to build the 2 indicators into 1 from start to end?

Regards,

Dash

Dashoshea :

Gday all,

I've have a question about combining 2 standard MT5 line type indicators here.

I quite often drag a standard CCI indicator into a SMA indicator window to serve as a filter for trading.

Is there any simple way to save the standard CCI and SMA into one  indicator in MetaEditor?  Or does it require a coder work to build the 2 indicators into 1 from start to end?

Regards,

Dash

If two indicators have a different scale, then you are fooling yourself if you drag one indicator to the window of the other.

What you can do: For example, you can smooth the CCI indicator using the Moving Average.

Vladimir Karputov #:

If two indicators have a different scale, then you are fooling yourself if you drag one indicator to the window of the other.

What you can do: For example, you can smooth the CCI indicator using the Moving Average.

Thanks for the reply Vladimir. I know what your saying about the scale. All I know is that it was consistently doing what I needed as a filter.

I may have found a free MA of CCI indicator in the free section. I'll do some testing with it and see if it replicates what I was getting before.

Cheers.