My trading platform shut down alone - page 2

Kanous #:

If it's not the windows built-in security system, I haven't put any antivirus in my machine.

And the problem is not the installation but the fact that it closes on its own.

No one knows the reason of that (because you did not provide any technical details).
So, you can try to fix it by yourself.

----------------

As to me so I had same issue:

• I had issue with Windows 8 32-bit, and now I know that Metatrader 5 will not work on this Windows version (it will be closses on its own all the time).
  • and I had same issue with I attach many indicators to the charts, I fixed it by myself by closing the charts; how to close the charts without Metatrader to be open?
    go to C:\Users\sgolo\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\.....\MQL5\Profiles\Charts\Default

or install the latest stable/release build 2980 - look at the post

Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program
  • www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

Kanous:
I need help because my plateform sut down alone during my trading. 
Hello there did you find the solution to this problem? I am used to MT4 now I switched to MQL5 to explore algo trading. But my MQL5 keeps on closing down. It works for a little while and then it automatically close down. I have tried to google but I cannot find a solution. My laptop is 16 gb RAM win 10. I am running both MT4 terminals without problem. I use wifi for Internet connection. Why is metatrader5 keeps on closing? I have installed two new builds from metatrader5 and Roboforex but both of them keeps on suddenly closing down. Please any advice will be appreciate. Thanks

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Kanous , 2021.09.08 16:56

Hello, my platform closes on its own, I did not have a solution. I would like to know how to save my work progressively so as not to lose my analyzes and restart each time it is closed.

Do not create many posts/threads on same issue please.
I already replied about the possible reasons for that:

• your antivirus or firewall,
  • your Windows is on 32-bit (32-bit Windows is not supported anymore for Metatrader 5),
  • you downloaded and installed beta build of Metatrader 5 instead of using the latest stable/released build,
  • your Windows or your hardware issue.

You did not provide any technical details about anything so you can select the reason by yourself.
I just mentioned them/reasons in theoretical point of view.

---------------- 

One more time (I collected some information about):

My trading platform shut down alone

Sergey Golubev, 2021.09.08 01:18

Some users reported yesterday about their antivirus issue.
read post and post   

How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): the thread

Is there no one who can help me with my MT5 which is shutting down on its own?

I remind you that I am using Windows 10, and I have uninstalled my antivirus.

It really prevents me from working. Please!

Kanous #:

Is there no one who can help me with my MT5 which is shutting down on its own?

I remind you that I am using Windows 10, and I have uninstalled my antivirus.

It really prevents me from working. Please!

Your MT5?
Which build?

Installed on Windows?
Windows 32-bit or Windows 64-bit?

If you are using beta builds of MT5 so - why?
Did you read my posts above about how to install the latest stable/released build 2980?
read post where I installed some stable buuld of MT5 (it is post with screenshots).

----------------‌

Because majority of the users do not have this issue with stable/released build of Metatrader 5 using Windows 64-bit.
People who downloaded and installed the beta builds of MT5 - yes, they may have the problem.

By the way, majority of the trades do not have this issue with the beta build 3021.
So, 3021 beta build is the stable build as well (together with 2980 released build).

----------------‌

You are asking all the time and I am replying all the time.
You are asking once again, and I am replyig n same same same once again.
And you do not want to read my reply for the second day till now ...
So sorry ... read my posts and find some issue by yourself by doing the same as I did on the posts on this thread.

----------------‌

Did you read this thread?
Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community 

The trader is using 3035 beta build.

- Does he know that any beta builds of MT5 is not stable builds?
Yes, he knows.

- Why is he using 3035 beta builds downloaded from his broker instead of using released and stable build?
No one knows.

- Did he provide the technical details of his computer related 32-bit or 64-bit?
Not.
But it is very easy to start the discussion with some technical details, for example:

Vladimir Karputov, 2021.03.16 04:20

If you have a question, first of all you should show the first three lines from the 'Journal' tab

(select these lines, copy to the clipboard and paste into the message using the button Code). It should look like this:

2021.03.16 05:13:07.133 Terminal        MetaTrader 5 x64 build 3003 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        Windows 10 build 19042, Intel Core i7-9750H  @ 2.60GHz, 26 / 31 Gb memory, 842 / 947 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+2
2021.03.16 05:13:07.134 Terminal        C:\Users\barab\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\D0E8209F77C8CF37AD8BF550E51FF075
You did not make it, and OP (topics tarter) of this thread did not make it too (it is nothing from you both during the two days till now - no logs, no screenshots, no proofs of trying the latest released 2980 builds ... nothing).
So sorry ...

----------------‌

I uploaded all the information which I know together with the information I collected from this forum.
You can try to find the reason by yourself.
Or you can try to post about this issue in technical way and other users (and may be - the service desk) will be able to help in this case.

----------------‌

PS. Several traders had this issue (it is what I can read on this forum), and this issue was related to their anti-virus and/or firewall in their Windows.
Yes, several users fixed this issue by themselves, and they told to all of us: "it is issue related to anti-virus and/or firewall."
It is what I know.

• www.mql5.com
Dear Team, I have downloaded MT5 and MT4 from your website but I am unable to open it...

Kanous #:
The problem is when the terminal shutdown.

Key obstacle affecting the growth and expansion of MT5 and MQL5 community

Kanous, 2021.09.08 19:16

This is what I saw in the events.

------------------

CE 0 14:48:47.786 Terminal Deriv x64 build 3036 started for Deriv Limited

HR 0 14:48:47.787 Terminal Windows Vista Service Pack 2 build 6002, Intel Core i7-4700MQ  @ 2.40GHz, 0 / 3 Gb memory, 355 / 464 Gb disk, IE 11, UAC, GMT+0

Windows Vista?
read the post -

MT5 error

William Roeder, 2021.07.29 13:12

The MetaTrader platforms will no longer support Windows XP, Windows 2003 and Windows Vista after 01 October 2017.
          Support for Windows XP / Windows 2003 / Windows Vista to be discontinued after 01 October 2017 - General - MQL5 programming forum 2017.06.01

Support for the 32-bit platform version was discontinued 20.03, after the release of build 2361. We strongly recommend upgrading to the 64-bit MetaTrader 4 5 version in order to access all the platform's features without any limitation.

Windows 7 extended support period begins in January 2020 when Windows 7 support ended officially, and it ends in January 2023 for good.
          New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1220 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3 #26 2020.01.22