platform doesn't startup

Hi,

I installed the software today for the first time, registered myself and opened the platform. For a short time (several minutes) it runs then ask me to restart because something needs to be updated. Didn't read actually what it was that needed update. But after closing the platform and restart pc. The program doesn't want to start up again. I uninstalled it and re-installed, logged in and it was working for several minutes and same problem. I am an idiot for not reading the message again this time. But what might be the problem for the program to ask to restart and then not able to run.

Thanks for the help.

S.

It depends on which platform you are using: MT4 or MT5.

Because Windows 32-bit was stopped supporting by Metatrader 5 several month ago.
If your Windows  is 64 bit so it is the information for you:

----------------

How to install clean MT4 and any build of MT5 (3 examples with screenshots): this page
and one of the solution from this page:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Unable to launch the MT4 MT5 program

GR2508, 2021.09.05 12:27

After a long search on the Internet, I found out that the problem is the Antivirus.

So, if anyone here has a similar issue with MT4/MT5 launching (latest versions), try switching off your Antivirus software.

p.s. Sergey, many thanks for all the informational comments anyway.

1. What is the version of your platform: MT4 or MT5?

2. Check the build of your terminal from the log. You can find in a folder like:

C:\Users\{your Windows user}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\{identifier of your terminal}\logs

3. Check for possible antivirus issue as suggested above

I downloaded the mt4 installer. Running windows 10 64bit. I will try a new installation with antivirus off. But I didn't get any message from my antivirus while installing or running before.

Thank you for the tips. For some reason it's the antivirus software. When deactivated it works. Strange that it didn't notify me about the block. 

I will add it to the allowed programs within the antivirus. For a reference, I am using avast. I do not know if the others with the same problem are using the same antivirus.

metsven #:
I downloaded the mt4 installer. Running windows 10 64bit. I will try a new installation with antivirus off. But I didn't get any message from my antivirus while installing or running before.

And what is the current build of your platform? You can check it from menu Help / About