do you own the rights legally? - page 4

Brian Lillard #:

I remember producing a moving average expert which worked really well back in 2008. I had printed it out and punched holes as to put everything into a binder which I carried with me in my vehicle everywhere I went to show to prospective buyers looking to invest in the forex. It's funny because at the time it was a really good working EA with years of backtesting both credible and real but only a few months later the market changed dramatically. After all those years it finally crashed and the market was never stable again to use such a strategy. I am not talking about that binder of pages of code being protected from theft but rather, whether or not copyright protection was allowed for such a work.

It wouldn't had mattered to me then nor do I feel the need for such an application now for it being dependent on the broker terminal software.

ok. now you finally bring out the real question that you want answered after how many pages of comments on here? you have wasted both yours and our time. Next time you create a post, start with the reason behind your question. this last post you made is the comment that should have been your original post.

But as JeeCi has said more than once, in more words than 1, a virtual or non physical item is extremely expensive, if not impossible to put a patent on. A scientist can have a patent on their ideas, however, besides difficulty of proving the idea was theirs in the first place, these sort of patents require a lot of moolah to prove and apply for. These sort of patents can only be paid for, by big companies due to being very expensive process.

Copyright does not give you any protection, it is only proof of ownership, of which another company can own the same item, if that 2nd item only has a different name, they can even have a copyright on that 2nd item, even if the only difference between the 2 items is the name.
do not confuse the 2 words "ownership" and "codership". You can be an owner of an ea, but that does not make you the coder, right? Same thing. Copyright is only proof that you own the product. ownership does not mean that a 2nd person can not own the same product. 5 different copyright agreements can be given out for exact same product, they only have to change a name or colour, and each of the 5 "owners" can get a copyright on their item.

i repeat: the next time you create a post, READ THE RULES FOR POSTING QUESTIONS IN THE FORUM.

Revo Trades #:

ok. now you finally bring out the real question that you want answered ...

i repeat: the next time you create a post, READ THE RULES FOR POSTING QUESTIONS IN THE FORUM.

People are never going to quit the game of playing with others emotions with copyright protection and a good thing to do with it was to be honest with yourself. I don't know you or the next fellow but I don't think it would be a good idea to be a detractor or something else giving away free spirited suggestions, even though everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

A lot of off-the-wall replies will leave any discussion on the sour notes, though ~ The copyright office is the only authority of the matter -and I am asking for proof and where a copyright was obtained. Do you have copyright protection & authority on your source code for Metatrader? Be safe and have a good reputation. I'll be hoping to see you got it as well as I if it works out for you. I believe it's not possible for good reason.

It would seem that there is a broad group of people that would go after another on copyright infringement. But for it being something supposedly original, being an trading strategy, doesn't it make you wonder how important it really is that the whole world must acknowledge it?

Anyways revo I don't think anything is against the rules

Brian Lillard #:

stop wasting our time. Opinions do not come into discussions of law, my comments are based in law, they are not my opinions. The laws have many flaws, which imo are deeply flawed, and that is my opinion. But all my comments have been based in law. We told you many times that copyright is only proof that you own the product, and jee ci said the same in more ways than I did. what is so hard to understand? If all you want is recognition from the world, then copyright will give you that when used with a marketing plan. But once you have uploaded your code, both source code or compiled, there is nothing in copyright to stop anyone from copying your item and putting their own name on it. Once someone has added their own name to the code, or renamed the file, that new item is not the same item that you have copyright for. This is my very last comment. I will be removing this page from my frequent history even, so it does not come up.