The NFP filter

Hi there community, I wrote recently a NFP filter.

The backtests say that it is more profitable scalping during NFP (?) but the signal performance was horrible in fact after the last release.

I'm thinking that these MT5 backtests are quite imprecise cause NFP gives certainly a kind of market condition we should avoid to make scalping, or it just could be that my NFP filter is wrong but I don't believe so:

bool Stop=false;if(time.day<8&&time.day_of_week==5){Stop=true;}

---

Here some backtest results on best performing pairs:

· Trading NFP:

EURCHF: 2089,81/9,84%

GBPNZD: 1720,09/8,05%

AUDNZD: 1015,88/11,63%

· No trades during NFP day:

EURCHF: 1671,10/8,47% (-25%)

GBPNZD: 1711,60/8,11% (same)

AUDNZD: 815,01/12,34% (-25%)

---

-25% just for stopping the advisor 1 day a month. What's your point about this?

nfp is definitely the trading spoiler, thats for sure. But have you considered that instead of just blocking trading during nfp, but instead, during nfp, you add extra conditions and confirmation to your signals, and see how your bt goes then.

Revo Trades:
nfp is definitely the trading spoiler, thats for sure. But have you considered that instead of just blocking trading during nfp, but instead, during nfp, you add extra conditions and confirmation to your signals, and see how your bt goes then.

I still haven't tried anything on news trading, that's very complex to me.

The major problem to me is having my scalping positions during the news release because they work that way: robots fail, people gain.

Almost all of my trades went straight to SL on last week NFP while I was running +15% before.

David Diez:

I still haven't tried anything on news trading, that's very complex to me.

The major problem to me is having my scalping positions during the news release because they work that way: robots fail, people gain.

Almost all of my trades went straight to SL on last week NFP while I was +15% before.

yep. hi volatility will do that every time. But maybe when your nfp filter detects nfp period, you remove your sls, and/or add condition to your signals to only open when cci or wpr and rsi is between 70/30 for 3 or 4 candles in a row. try that.

or do what i do: open a trade in both directions when i am unsure, and when the winning trade closes, i open another trade and when 1 of those trades is in a good profit, close it and a part of the losing trade, then, rinse and repeat until the losing trade is gone.

Revo Trades:

yep. hi volatility will do that every time. But maybe when your nfp filter detects nfp period, you remove your sls, and/or add condition to your signals to only open when cci or wpr and rsi is between 70/30 for 3 or 4 candles in a row. try that.

or do what i do: open a trade in both directions when i am unsure, and when the winning trade closes, i open another trade and when 1 of those trades is in a good profit, close it and a part of the losing trade, then, rinse and repeat until the losing trade is gone.

That strategy sounds pretty good, I will have a look moreafter.

Revo Trades:

I've been thinking about your strategy but I found a major problem, when you open a new deal each time those deals would be further away. Don't actually know how to apply.