EA trade opening issue (opens on new candle not when signal given)

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an EA that I am using and was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I am currently using Promax Gold EA V4.11, I do not have the source code for this EA.

The EA opens a trade (Buy/Sell), and then averages down at a preset distance in points if price moves in the wrong direction (e.g every 10 pips opens a new trade).

The issue I have is that the EA waits until the start of a new candle to open the averaging down positions, not when the target (10 pips) is hit. This means that my trades are not placed equidistant to each other.

I have tried using an EA that reduces the time frame down to 3 second candles (MT7_nSecChartCreatorEA_beta), and then loading Promax EA on the 3 second chart that the time frame EA creates, however it still only opens trades on the start of every new candle.

If anyone has any experience with this or could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy

I Have the same problem with my EA. I programed  it... But i don´t Know the solution to this problem. I posted a thread today here. I hope people can help us. If somebuddy answer you please letme know!! thank you!!

This is my post!!

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/375298

Stochastic Crossover is not detected when the crossover occurs exactly at the opening of a new candle
Stochastic Crossover is not detected when the crossover occurs exactly at the opening of a new candle
  • www.mql5.com
I am testing Stochastic crosses and I have noticed that sometimes it fails when the cross occurs exactly when a new candle opens...

Andy Murray:

Hi all,

I am having an issue with an EA that I am using and was wondering if anyone could help me please?

I am currently using Promax Gold EA V4.11, I do not have the source code for this EA.

The EA opens a trade (Buy/Sell), and then averages down at a preset distance in points if price moves in the wrong direction (e.g every 10 pips opens a new trade).

The issue I have is that the EA waits until the start of a new candle to open the averaging down positions, not when the target (10 pips) is hit. This means that my trades are not placed equidistant to each other.

I have tried using an EA that reduces the time frame down to 3 second candles (MT7_nSecChartCreatorEA_beta), and then loading Promax EA on the 3 second chart that the time frame EA creates, however it still only opens trades on the start of every new candle.

If anyone has any experience with this or could give me some advice it would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

Andy

I think the problem is that your EA was programmed with opening prices and not Every Tick ... unfortunately if you don't have the source code it cannot be fixed. Be careful with that EA anyway. It seems to be a (grid/Martingale) strategy. And those strategies are dangerous. You are likely to lose your money.