how do I go about hiring the right developer/programmer to build a personal utiliy?

It would be for mt4 and may need to visually decompile a similar utility to work off of? Serious question Thank you

stonesmooth: It would be for mt4 and may need to visually decompile a similar utility to work off of? Serious question Thank you

Please don't double post. Yes, I understand that you were told that you had previously posted in the wrong section, but a moderator will move it later on. Don't create a new duplicate thread!

Also, please note that decompiling code is against the forum's rules. You probably meant to say "visually deconstruct" or "replicate functionality". Decompiling means to crack the executable o recreate the original source code and that is against the rules and could get you banned. So please be careful of how you word your request.

Fernando Carreiro:

Please don't double post. Yes, I understand that you were told that you had previously posted in the wrong section, but a moderator will move it later on. Don't create a new duplicate thread!

Also, please note that decompiling code is against the forum's rules. You probably meant to say "visually deconstruct" or "replicate functionality". Decompiling means to crack the executable o recreate the original source code and that is against the rules and could get you banned. So please be careful of how you word your request.

As far as I've tried I can't seem to find just a mql4 forum. I was lucky to find this only to see it's still mql5. This is not an easy website to navigate. I suggest you search mql4 on your search engine and then click on forum and see where that takes you like I did.

Fernando, everywhere i go here people are so quick to reprimand me. I am wondering if it's even a good idea to hire someone through here. I'm obviously not a programmer and I am trying to gets things sorted out before formally requesting services.

I don't plan on paying pennies for hard work like it seems to be the norm here. I will be compensating nicely as it's important to me. I'm not looking to build something that is a trading robot. As a matter of fact I will still have to do all of the mental decisions as it's just a utility I am needing to make for myself.

I just need some direction as opposed to clicking free lance and saying I need someone to make something for me.

stonesmooth: As far as I've tried I can't seem to find just a mql4 forum. I was lucky to find this only to see it's still mql5. This is not an easy website to navigate. I suggest you search mql4 on your search engine and then click on forum and see where that takes you like I did. Fernando, everywhere i go here people are so quick to reprimand me. I am wondering if it's even a good idea to hire someone through here. I'm obviously not a programmer and I am trying to gets things sorted out before formally requesting services. I don't plan on paying pennies for hard work like it seems to be the norm here. I will be compensating nicely as it's important to me. I'm not looking to build something that is a trading robot. As a matter of fact I will still have to do all of the mental decisions as it's just a utility I am needing to make for myself. I just need some direction as opposed to clicking free lance and saying I need someone to make something for me.

You posted in the correct section this time, but I was not reprimanding you. I was informing you. There is a difference.

However, once you use the Freelance section it will be very difficult for you to be able to sift out the bad coders from the good ones. The higher you pay, the more the bad coders will flock to you and the more difficult it will be to find the good ones.

So, all I can say is, use your wits and do your best to find a good one.

Fernando Carreiro:

You posted in the correct section this time, but I was not reprimanding you. I was informing you. There is a difference.

However, once you use the Freelance section it will be very difficult for you to be able to sift out the bad coders from the good ones. The higher you pay, the more the bad coders will flock to you and the more difficult it will be to find the good ones.

So, all I can say is, use your wits and do your best to find a good one.

Are you speaking from personal experience and/or are you a dev.?

Also I see "decompile" being used without ramification here so I don't think it's a big an issue as you say. I think it's more of a personal opinion just like politics are.

If you use decompiled code in the freelance section then the coders will report you and the job will be removed and your account will be banned.

This has got nothing to do with Fernando's personal opinion or with politics, this is site policy and you can read more about it here https://www.mql5.com/en/about/terms

For your question about the developers, we have a rating system and if someone delivers poor quality work they will be rewarded less points or stars in the feedback system and if they deliver higher quality jobs then they will have a higher rating in the rating system.

You can always chat with the developers and ask them about their level of experience.

Terms of Use of MQL5.community
Terms of Use of MQL5.community
  • www.mql5.com
Terms of Use of MQL5.community website and different traders services.

Marco vd Heijden:

If you use decompiled code in the freelance section then the coders will report you and the job will be removed and your account will be banned.

This has got nothing to do with Fernando's personal opinion or with politics, this is site policy and you can read more about it here https://www.mql5.com/en/about/terms

For your question about the developers, we have a rating system and if someone delivers poor quality work they will be rewarded less points or stars in the feedback system and if they deliver higher quality jobs then they will have a higher rating in the rating system.

You can always chat with the developers and ask them about their level of experience.

Then I suggest you closer look if even since I, someone that does not spend much time here as you or others, easily found it being used without any backlash.

It's one thing to reprimand, it's another to support it and concentrate the individual for using a word. That's hypocrisy and there should be no excuse when others are actively requesting it.