L1 and L2 data in Services

Hi All,

I am developing a new program to get data (L1 or ticks data, L2 or Market depth data, History data etc) of multiple symbols. I want to use Services so that I am not dependent on a chart and user does not have to place it on all charts.

Problem i am facing is that OnTick and OnBookEvent are not available in Services as per documentation. Is there any alternate way to get this data or I have to use Expert Advisors for it?

If it is not possible, can we open charts and then attach Expert Advisors to these chart programmatically in a service?

No Reply yet :(

So Now I am assuming that above both scenarios are not possible. 

Is it possible to find if my EA is attached to an opened chart or not?

trader1269: I am developing a new program to get data (L1 or ticks data, L2 or Market depth data, History data etc) of multiple symbols. I want to use Services so that I am not dependent on a chart and user does not have to place it on all charts. Problem i am facing is that OnTick and OnBookEvent are not available in Services as per documentation. Is there any alternate way to get this data or I have to use Expert Advisors for it?

The following is not a complete solution but it may give you some ideas on how you can work around the problem.

Another alternative, is to regularly poll the various symbols and see if a new tick has arrived and then act on it.
Multicurrency OnTick (string symbol) event handler
Multicurrency OnTick (string symbol) event handler
  • www.mql5.com
This is the simplified implementation of multicurrency mode in MetaTrader 5. It isn't necessary to consider the details how does it work. It has minimum settings and simple structure. It can be used in Strategy Tester.