How to find best indicator creators/developers/experts?

Hi, Forum members.

Could you please tell me how I can find those who are highly skillful at creating indicators? I have an indicator to be created but I've tried to find an expert for a year no one can do it following a strategy in an ex4 indicator.

I'd appreciate your recommendation, help, or service. Thank you!

Bob Bil: Could you please tell me how I can find those who are highly skillful at creating indicators? I have an indicator to be created but I've tried to find an expert for a year no one can do it following a strategy in an ex4 indicator.

If you have a well written detailed "Requirement Specification" for the indicator, then there are several good coders here that can do the job, each one with their own level of quality and job rates.

However, if you are requesting for someone to replicate the "functionality" of an existing closed source ".ex4" indicator, then that can be tricky, because it depends on the coder's ability and experience to be able to analyse the output of the indicator and try to understand what it is doing (called "reverse engineering"). Sometimes that can be easy and sometimes, the original is so convoluted that may be very difficult to do. It is very dependent on the coders ability, experience and level of complexity of the original ".ex4" indicator.

Obviously, it also depends on how much you are willing to pay for the job, because it is not just a matter of coding it, but also the many hours that go into the analysis and reverse engineering, which could be quite a major part of the job.

Please note, that "reverse engineering" has nothing to do with "decompiling" code. That is illegal and not even possible in the newer versions of the MetaTrader code.  "Reverse engineering"  is a process of analysing the indicators output and trying to understand how to reproduce its functionality.

Fernando Carreiro:

If you have a well written detailed "Requirement Specification" for the indicator, then there are several good coders here that can do the job, each one with their own level of quality and job rates.

However, if you are requesting for someone to replicate the "functionality" of an existing closed source ".ex4" indicator, then that can be tricky, because it depends on the coder's ability and experience to be able to analyse the output of the indicator and try to understand what it is doing (called "reverse engineering"). Sometimes that can be easy and sometimes, the original is so convoluted that may be very difficult to do. It is very dependent on the coders ability, experience and level of complexity of the original ".ex4" indicator.

Obviously, it also depends on how much you are willing to pay for the job, because it is not just a matter of coding it, but also the many hours that go into the analysis and reverse engineering, which could be quite a major part of the job.

Please note, that "reverse engineering" has nothing to do with "decompiling" code. That is illegal and not even possible in the newer versions of the MetaTrader code.  "Reverse engineering"  is a process of analysing the indicators output and trying to understand how to reproduce its functionality.

Thank you for your advice.