MQL4 Issue/Question

Hi Guys, 

I got an MQL4 program, and am running it in a Demo Account. It works perfectly without issue. 

When I run it in a Live Account, I am getting a black screen as attached. 

In typical fashion, the Platform guys are blaming the EA and the EA guys blaming the Platform - so I'm stuck in the middle.  

Is an issue such as common? If so, what are the workarounds? 

I'm using a Macbook, with the Axis Macbook version (live and demo accounts), OSX 10.13.6

Thanks in advance!

neil-uk2:

Hi Guys, 

I got an MQL4 program, and am running it in a Demo Account. It works perfectly without issue. 

When I run it in a Live Account, I am getting a black screen as attached. 

In typical fashion, the Platform guys are blaming the EA and the EA guys blaming the Platform - so I'm stuck in the middle.  

Is an issue such as common? If so, what are the workarounds? 

I'm using a Macbook, with the Axis Macbook version (live and demo accounts), OSX 10.13.6

Thanks in advance!

Looks like an issue with the EA to me, you can see at the bottom of your screen shot that the chart is underneath, so probably not a black screen, more likely badly controlled graphical objects.

Key question, does it happen only when you run that EA on the chart?  if the answer is yes then it is more likely to be with the EA than anything else, and at the very least the EA is the catalyst and therefore that is where you should focus your attention. 

As an aside I would make sure that your graphics drivers are up to date, as some graphical issues can be solved that way.