Slow market

I have created an expert advisor which performs really good in slow markets, thus I have set an hour filter but I've found that's not enough cause a trend could be started at any hour.

So, how could I set a proper filter for this advisor to work profitable (it's oscillator based)? Which indicators to use best? Thank you in advance, David.

Slow markets are like a ranging market, right? Have you tried with any channeling indicator? I have been thinking about testing a similar strategy and I have just thought about channel indicators and using short TF support and resistance. Maybe even some Fibo values, specially for TP and SL. Hope it serves. 

Aira MJ:
Slow markets are like a ranging market, right? Have you tried with any channeling indicator? I have been thinking about testing a similar strategy and I have just thought about channel indicators and using short TF support and resistance. Maybe even some Fibo values, specially for TP and SL. Hope it serves. 

I'm not very sure on how to apply Bands in example cause they get into a wide range when volatility is high, some people talked about using ATR but I'm not very sure on how to apply also.