Experts: Spread data collector

Spread data collector:

This EA collects information about the spreads and Shows the number of spreads in the specified range based on the ticks that occur each year. When the EA ends its working, it prints all statistics to the Journal, which can be useful for the Strategy Tester. When each year in the strategy tester ends. Spreads are printed as follows. year==2020*********************************************************************************** spread_Less_than_10==20428928 spread_10_20==1589515 spread_20_30==123140 spread_30_40==25814 spread_40_50==36084 spread_More_than_50==14944

Author: Ali Poormomen

When I repeatedly tested my strategies on a strategy tester,

I found the broker history spread to be more unrealistic as we go back in history.

From a year up is completely unreal.

You can try your broker history with this spread script : 

Spread data collector

You will have a history of more than 50 pips. While in reality, this is not the case.

And the further back you go, the higher the number of spreads of more than 50 pips.

what is your opinion ?

I have a question.

Did you notice sometimes the ask price is below the bid price in the strategy tester?

Or is this related to my broker, maybe?

Dominik Egert:
I have a question.

Did you notice sometimes the ask price is below the bid price in the strategy tester?

Or is this related to my broker, maybe?

Hi Dominic Egert

This seems to be a broker issue, not just your broker. Almost every backtests for more than a year is not valid in my opinion.