"Please specify the proxy server options" - How to install MT4 platforms?

I have downloaded MT4 platform on my new laptop and when I try to install it asks for "Please specify the proxy server options".

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

Topics concerning MT4 and MQL4 have their own section.
In future please post in the correct section.

I have moved your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.

hello, this is not a problem unique o MT4. I am trying to install MT5 and I am facing the same problem. It stucks in the question and if you dont answer the proxy server (which I Aint got one setup). If I dont input somehting there the installation stops and is cancelled.

any advise is appreciated.

Hi Luiz, I tried several things but nothing worked. I upgraded my windows to Windows 10 Pro & it worked. I don’t know how. But no issue after upgrading windows home to windows pro. Thank you. 

ajava:

I have downloaded MT4 platform on my new laptop and when I try to install it asks for "Please specify the proxy server options".

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

I am running x64 ManjaroXFCE. Run "sudo pacman -S lib32-gnutls" and the problem was solved.

I got this from Forex Factory forum and I forgot who has the idea. Thanks to the guy.

I had same problem with EC2, there is simple solution explained in this video :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_poB0UR52Rc
How to install MT4 software in the AWS VPS if you receive a Proxy Server error?
How to install MT4 software in the AWS VPS if you receive a Proxy Server error?
  • www.youtube.com
This video tutorial will help you on how to install MT4 software in the AWS VPS if you receive a Proxy Server error.Get in touch with us for your hosting que...

why this popup while i install on aws 
Files:
Untitled.png  26 kb

not
Files:
oo.JPG  76 kb