How to start freelance - page 2

Jemima Xmoon:

Even if mql4 support should be finished, a lot of people keep going on mql4.

Most of brokers offer mt4 but not the same with mt5.
In my personal opinion mt5 has failed.

I think same everyone love mt4, because it is simple

Buba Akhrakhadze:

I think same everyone love mt4, because it is simple

When you complete your first project you will see things differently dont worry :)

I would suggest both mql4 and 5 ,the most important thing -i assume- is to have plug and play libraries ,to the point a customers request -even before selection- can be demonstrated

with a limited draft composition of several libraries . 

• I dont know what the best programmers do on this site but there are instances visual feedback from the program helps the prospect customer understand things better.
  • Be clear in your bid , if you present a demo prior to selection accompany it with screenshots .
  • When you upload screenshots specify that a screenshot follows.(the website lags sometimes and its really bad for a client to read "as you can see" in the offer ,and no image to have loaded by that moment)
  • If you present a demo indicator ,say its an indicator ,tell them to place it in the indicators folder ,same for ea's.
  • Assume at any point the prospect has read your offer and rejected you if they dont answer .
  • Dont be afraid to ask for a budget increase if the client starts piling requests .
  • If you detect fundamental impossibilities in how something should operate call them out , you will get their attention expecially if noone else found it.
  • Be specific , and mention things from their request indicating you read them.The best method is to ask a question : "So when you say on 1 higher timeframe...bla bla" (1 higher timeframe is worded in their request)
  • And my favorite , which i suggest anyone who participates in freelance do bid on the lowest price ,and say the bid and duration is not final ,if the specs are not clear.
  • And the most important of all , actually read what the client wants.

Good luck