MetaTrader 4 Platform update build 1320 - page 2

Pilot65:

Can we expect a fix of the serious Strategy Tester flaw/bug when it is run in OPO mode ?

The comments here explains the problem:

That's not a bug - that's a feature. The article that got automatically linked at the bottom of your post explains that.

Andriy,

Yes just as i suspected; a flaw. Explaining it does not make it disappear.

Andriy Moraru
  • www.mql5.com
Trader's profile

Pilot65:

Andriy,

Yes just as i suspected; a flaw. Explaining it does not make it disappear.

If developers believe that what you call a flaw to be a feature, the likelihood of it being "fixed" is close to 0. Reporting it as a bug (like if the developers don't know how their Strategy Tester is functioning) will hardly raise that chance.

I'm using MT4 v1320 with copies of the same EA on 2 charts on separate platforms/accounts. When I press Control+R, the tester opens, but only one of them shows the Optimization button. Please can somebody suggest why it isn't on both and how I can get it on both.

Thanks

Kenneth Bachelor:

I'm using MT4 v1320 with copies of the same EA on 2 charts on separate platforms/accounts. When I press Control+R, the tester opens, but only one of them shows the Optimization button. Please can somebody suggest why it isn't on both and how I can get it on both.

Thanks

Increase the Strategy Tester panel's height.

Thanks Andriy, but increasing the height doesn't make any difference.
Files:
MyScreen1.png  25 kb

Kenneth Bachelor:
Thanks Andriy, but increasing the height doesn't make any difference.
Then, you need to increase the panel's width.

Thank you again Andriy. I'll try that.

It works now. Thanks, Andriy!

Hi

from time to time (rare case difficult to reproduce), when switching account I am encountering a bug using latest MT4 build 1320,

MarketInfo(Symbol(),MODE_MARGINREQUIRED) is returning -92233720368547760 ( = - 0x 147ae 147ae 147b0 )

GetLastError() returns 0 ( no error ), so this negative  0x 147ae147ae147b0 value is not supposed to happen.

I presume this should be a non official error code.

Does anymore know what this value is seen as it should not.

Thank you

Regards