Is possible to make a expert advisor that uses another ea as resource ?

Hello, 

I paid someone to make an expert advisor a few months ago and it wasn't quite what I hoped for. It's very profitable but uses martigale strategy and because of this It can accumulate a nasty drawdown from time to time (very risky). Note: I didn't receive the source code

So I had an idea to make a new expert advisor that uses actions of the old expert like It was its custom indicator using the #resource and only open trades after a specific requirement has been fulfilled.

Imagined having the old expert working in second plan like an indicator, feeding signals and information to the new expert and when the specific requirement is fulfilled, open the trade.

1. Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum 2015.02.11

Why it won't work: Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum 2017.07.11

2. You should have gotten the source code — why don't you ask for it?

3. The EA is a black box — no way to read anything from it. You could put it on a demo, add an indicator that reads the open orders and copies it to the real one. Research trade copier.

4. Unless you paid a lot for the original, the indicator and a new EA will cost more — just make another with your original specifications.

William Roeder:
  1. Martingale, guaranteed to blow your account eventually. If it's not profitable without, it is definitely not profitable with.
              Martingale vs. Non Martingale (Simplified RoR vs Profit and the Illusions) - MQL5 programming forum 2015.02.11

Why it won't work: Calculate Loss from Lot Pips - MQL5 programming forum 2017.07.11

2. You should have gotten the source code — why don't you ask for it?

3. The EA is a black box — no way to read anything from it. You could put it on a demo, add an indicator that reads the open orders and copies it to the real one. Research trade copier.

4. Unless you paid a lot for the original, the indicator and a new EA will cost more — just make another with your original specifications.

Hello William,

Thanks for replying 

1. I'm going to read the article, the expert is very profitable without martingale and the problem starts when theirs a trade in loss and It starts applying Martingale.
  2. I asked but didn't get a response
  3. I have a trade copier but the problem is that I only want to copy after the expert open/copy trades after a specific number of trades have passed. To be more specific, imagine the martingale expert opens trade 0 the original and it goes on a loss I only want my new expert to open/copy trades at trade number 4 because normally my martingale expert doesn't lose beyond trade number 6. This method seems good to reduce drawdown and increase profit without worrying about blowing the account since the martingale expert will be with a sum of 7 trades and my new expert only 3 trades.
  4. I was thinking to code myself but before I wanted to know if its possible to use a expert as an indicator for another expert.
Best regards