Authorization failed MT4 Mac

Hi,

Unfortunately I can't login in MQL5 community. Receiving this error message:

MQL5.community: Authorization failed

MT4 version: 4.00 Build 1170

MacOS 10.13.6

Please help!

Use your forum login (your login is owlinvestor; do not use your email for login) and your forum password.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm using the same forum login on a Windows based server and there the MT4 terminal logs in. Now i installed MT4 on my Mac machine and i receive the error message.

Any ideas?

There are two basic errors/ideas about "why":

• users are using email instead of forum login (your forum login is owlinvestor);
  • users did not install Internet Explorer tha latest version (for example, version 11).

The full list of possible ways to fix are on post #1

I cant install the purchased EA in MT5 platform
I cant install the purchased EA in MT5 platform
  • www.mql5.com
I click install but nothing happened, i try it for atleast 30 times already and it always come up with this message i am sure my username and passw...

Hi,

that you have Internet Explorer the latest version installed on your PC (I am having version 11);

The MT4 client is installed on a Mac. Internet Explorer is not an option here. However, i can log in with my my forum login through Safari and Chrome browser.

that you are using the latest build of Metatrader,

Downloaded and installed the latest MT4 version distributed by my broker (MT4 version: 4.00 Build 1170)

that you are login to Community folder using your login - not your email.

I do use my forum login: owlinvestor

that your password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change this password; read this thread for information).

PW has 9 alphanumeric characters.

Again, I'm running a MT4 client on a Windows based VPS. Login works fine there. But on the MT4 client on my local machine it's not working.