Why is the macd different from other platforms

Hello, I have a problem on Metatrader the macd is different from another platform i use trading view and its messing up my ea...

John Brown:
Hello, I have a problem on Metatrader the macd is different from another platform i use trading view and its messing up my ea...

Hi, just my 2 cents, apologies if you already knew that.  If you see any difference in prices or indicators (i.e. MACD) from one platform and another, we may give a look to this depending if ....

1) You experience the difference in the Strategy Tester.  In that case is usually data.  I have seen that at my place, same broker, same account, just 2 separate computers, but once historical data is correct, then prices and indicators match for the same broker.  Of course, 2 different brokers won't be a perfect match, they carry their own price history that tend to be similar if we calculate MACD for larger timeframes (i.e. H4, D1, W1 ...) but for M1 there are differences for sure.

2) You experience the difference in the online chart, where your EA is attached to, when you compare MACD values to another broker.  Similar to the above.  Price action is different from one broker to the other.  Actually, some instruments (Symbols) may carry a Rollover a few days (or weeks) before the other, and may experience gaps that you can't see in the other broker.  It's not that dramatic always, but still you will see differences.  Actually, the account in one broker may have a fantastic spread whereas the account in the other broker may have a much higher spread.  Hence, if you are calculating and indicator at lower timeframes (M1, M5, even M15) you should notice differences, and depending on your spread, and the tight decision an EA may take if MACD is greater than the previous, or when an MA crosses another one at lower timeframes may let the EA to different decisions from one broker to the other.  

Hope that helped,