Indicator Arrow (visualization) Problem!

Hey guys,

When i customize the timeframes (visualization) on my Pattern Indicator (MT4) and switch between timeframes on my chart the arrows of all timeframes get mixed up and floating all over the screen.

Refreshing doesn't work and tried different indicators but same problem. When i check the box of "all timeframes" it works fine.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

ReJoNL:

Hey guys,

When i customize the timeframes (visualization) on my Pattern Indicator (MT4) and switch between timeframes on my chart the arrows of all timeframes get mixed up and floating all over the screen.

Refreshing doesn't work and tried different indicators but same problem. When i check the box of "all timeframes" it works fine.

any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Hi, my 2 cents, not sure if you have the source code, but when you switch timeframes, there is a reason code 3 detected in the "on deInit" section.  You may use it to catch the timeframe switch (if you have the source code).  To the extend, if you recompile your program or switch account, you would notice memory resets, but when you switch timeframe, it does not, however the "on Init" section is still invoked, and in that section there might be code that is not helping to properly manage timeframe switching :-)

See https://docs.mql4.com/constants/namedconstants/uninit

Hope that helps

Uninitialization Reason Codes - Named Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
Uninitialization Reason Codes - Named Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL4 Reference
  • docs.mql4.com
//| get text description                                             | //| Expert deinitialization function                                 |