Repair corrupted MQ4 file

Hi All

I was almost in final stage of writing my expert advisor, and somehow my system crashed without backup, and I lost all the code I written, I used some data recovery tool to recover the mq4 and ex4 files of my expert, but when I open that mq4 file in Metaeditor, its corrupted and not showing any code except some garbage, is there a way to recover the source code, or is there a way to decompile ex4 file of my own.

Looking for some expert help here on little urgent basis.

Nilesh Toshniwal: is there a way to recover the source code, or is there a way to decompile ex4 file of my own.
  1. Go to your backups. You do backup your system, don't you? YouTube/watch?v=l7-6m2cE6JM

2. There has been zero proof that any ex4/5 can be decompiled since Build 600+ 2014.02.03
              Upcoming MetaTrader 4 and MQL4 Upgrades - Big Changes Are Underway (MetaQuotes Software Corp.) - MQL4 programming forum
              Code Protection: New MQL4 language(Build 600+) decompilation protection and other crack techniques. (Macos Silva) - MQL4 programming forum - Page 2

Nilesh Toshniwal:

Hi All

I was almost in final stage of writing my expert advisor, and somehow my system crashed without backup, and I lost all the code I written, I used some data recovery tool to recover the mq4 and ex4 files of my expert, but when I open that mq4 file in Metaeditor, its corrupted and not showing any code except some garbage, is there a way to recover the source code, or is there a way to decompile ex4 file of my own.

Looking for some expert help here on little urgent basis.

Hi. did you fix the file? The same thing happened to me, I don't know what to do