Modifying an EA

I try to modify an EA on MT5 but my computer won?t save the changes I keep pressing "save" on the screen below but it doesn't load or do anything, is there a problem I can fix?

Files:
MT5_problem.jpg  80 kb

Joseph Hodhod: I keep pressing "save" on the screen below but it doesn't load or do anything, is there a problem I can fix?
"*.set" is not a valid name; enter a valid name

William Roeder:
"*.set" is not a valid name; enter a valid name

Thanks a lot William, now the "save" button actually work, but i have another problem.

When I open the inputs panel of the EA again after I saved the modifications, I find the old settings are reset and my modifications aren't actually saved.

Thanks in advance for your help :)

1. You saved a file, nothing more. Why do you think a file somewhere would affect your settings? Properties → inputs → load would.

2. I've never found them useful. Set the chart the way you want it (including all settings,) and save a template. Apply to other charts. The template ordering for new charts is «EAname».tpl, (if tester) tester.tpl, (if offline chart) offline.tpl, and Default.tpl.

William Roeder:
  1. You saved a file, nothing more. Why do you think a file somewhere would affect your settings? Properties → inputs → load would.

2. I've never found them useful. Set the chart the way you want it (including all settings,) and save a template. Apply to other charts. The template ordering for new charts is «EAname».tpl, (if tester) tester.tpl, (if offline chart) offline.tpl, and Default.tpl.

But there is no 'OK' button linked to that in the strategy tester how can I load. I cant load it on the chart anyway it has to be on startegy tester.

Thanks for the help William.

Bear with me I'm still new to MT5 ;)

Joseph Hodhod:

But there is no 'OK' button linked to that in the strategy tester how can I load. I cant load it on the chart anyway it has to be on startegy tester.

Thanks for the help William.

Bear with me I'm still new to MT5 ;)

I think I found the problem, when I save new input settings, it's in .set format, but when I load them for the strategy tester, it requires .ini format. How can I convert a format to another or how can I save in .ini format?

Joseph Hodhod:

I try to modify an EA on MT5 but my computer won?t save the changes I keep pressing "save" on the screen below but it doesn't load or do anything, is there a problem I can fix?

You must name your sets, for example 'Glory.set'.