Expert Advisor activation lost

Hi,

Recently i purchased an expert advisor from the mql5 website.

As far as i know i've activated it twice: once on my own PC and once on a VPS (not mql5 hosting)

But it says that i have only 2 out of 5 activations left.

So there's was a third activation and i truly don't know where it went.

Only thing i can think of is that it was used when i tested the mql5 hosting for a day (free minutes)

One activation was 'written off' on that day. But in the T&C it says that this service doesn't cost you an activation.

zanderp:

Hi,

Recently i purchased an expert advisor from the mql5 website.

As far as i know i've activated it twice: once on my own PC and once on a VPS (not mql5 hosting)

But it says that i have only 2 out of 5 activations left.

So there's was a third activation and i truly don't know where it went.

Only thing i can think of is that it was used when i tested the mql5 hosting for a day (free minutes)

One activation was 'written off' on that day. But in the T&C it says that this service doesn't cost you an activation.

1 activation is used per computer, not per MT4/5 terminal or trading account, so you must have installed it in 3 different computers, or one of your computers had a major windows update since.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I will check if i installed it on a third device (not probable but ok.)

So that means every major Windows update could cost you an activation? (yes it coud be that it has updated)

If so, you're activations can be eaten up by the Windows updates. If they're eaten up then you have to buy the product again (with possible higher purchase price then the old)

How silly is that. You think to buy (cheap) and one time only and then this. Very strange to say the least. Where is that in the T&C written?

zanderp:

So that means every major Windows update could cost you an activation? (yes it coud be that it has updated)

If so, you're activations can be eaten up by the Windows updates. If they're eaten up then you have to buy the product again (with possible higher purchase price then the old)

How silly is that. You think to buy (cheap) and one time only and then this. Very strange to say the least. Where is that in the T&C written?

Metaquotes credits one extra activations for all Market purchases in a universal way for all members, after each major windows update.

zanderp:

Some Windows 10 updates look like a new OS installation.
So, MetaQuotes (MQ) is adding additional activations to everybody from time to time (if I remember - it was 5th of June when the MQ added activations for everybody - look at this post).

This is the explanation from MQ:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Make sure that nothing flies after updating Windows 10!

Renat Fatkhullin , 2017.05.13 20:13

Here the question must be asked to Microsoft - why does Microsoft put every major update as a new OS. And Microsoft puts it as a new, just look at the residual Windows, old directories and a bunch of other garbage.

Some fanatic does it for them, killing licensing systems of tens of thousands of programs around the world. Yes, it certainly kills - no need to watch a special case of your computer.

Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) released - activations for purchased Market products added
Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004) released - activations for purchased Market products added
  • www.mql5.com
On May 27, Microsoft officially released a major update of their operating system — Windows 10 May 2020 Update (version 2004...

Thanks.

Checked my 'third' device. No 3rd installation there. Never worked on that PC during the process

It was installed 2 times. My '1st PC' and the VPS i've installed it on today.

2 activations used not 3 like MQL5 wants me to believe.

zanderp:

Thanks.

Checked my 'third' device. No 3rd installation there. Never worked on that PC during the process

It was installed 2 times. My '1st PC' and the VPS i've installed it on today.

2 activations used not 3 like MQL5 wants me to believe.

MQL5 did nothing.
It is automated robot discovered the 3 activations to be used (irrespective of - beleave you with it or not).
And this robot does not care about me, you or anyone as it works based on same algorithm for everybody.

I would say MQL5 (MetaQuotes) did in fact do something. They created this system and they created that robot that sometimes seems to detect activations where there wasn't any. It has happened to me as well.

I have the same problem with some EAs that I bought years ago, the installations run out, and sometimes you change machines, change VPS, Windows updates, etc. and the licenses run out.

It is increasingly difficult to contact MQl5 to fix this problem and the seller does not give me a solution either.

I know that it is a protection measure for MQL5, but there should be some way to reset these installations, because the passing of the years causes them to run out when changing machines and VPS, for me it is a big problem. And it is very difficult right now to talk to MQL5 because of its chat bot, I am at a dead end.

Can someone give me a solution?

Jesus Torres Parraga #:
I have the same problem with some EAs that I bought years ago, the installations run out, and sometimes you change machines, change VPS, Windows updates, etc. and the licenses run out.

It is increasingly difficult to contact MQl5 to fix this problem and the seller does not give me a solution either.

I know that it is a protection measure for MQL5, but there should be some way to reset these installations, because the passing of the years causes them to run out when changing machines and VPS, for me it is a big problem. And it is very difficult right now to talk to MQL5 because of its chat bot, I am at a dead end.

Read the terms before buying stuff people. This is why i do not buy or use products from marketplace anymore!
I just in last 5 minutes posted in a different thread about exact same problem. The op had complaint regarding using up 2 activations after on 2 occasions he did a major update on his windows.
Read the terms before buying from marketplace. The t&cs are clear.

If you change any settings of windows, mac, linux, and then install a new copy of mt4/5; move the ea to different computer or different vps, this will use up another activation.
Why would mq or the sellers change anything when they are making money; fistful after fistful with the current system.

It has been known for mq to add free activations to all purchased products after a worldwide update of windows, but not for years and years.
You may petition the service desk and describe your update, but I doubt that you will get any freebies, since the terms of buying from marketplace that you ticked and agreed to before you bought each product.

Jesus Torres Parraga #:

This is not a problem/issue .. why? because it is the activation in nature.
Because -

• activation is per hardware (if you change something in hardware so one activation will be lost);
  • activation is per software (if you re-install Windows or if your Windows will get crisital updates so one activation will be lost);
  • different authorization methods - if you authorized in Windows as administrator from the regular user - one activation will be lost.

The details explanation from MQ is on the following summary post (I collected the replies) - explanation by telling that it is not a bug or issue:
post - example - 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Windows 10

MetaQuotes , 2020.12.26 21:49

To compensate for the inconvenience with reinstallations and relocations, at least 5 activations are initially given.

This is exactly a compensation backlog, and not 5 guaranteed devices under any conditions.