Is it easy to migrate VPS to new computer? What if computer dies? How do I do it?

Newbie here. I have a old 10 year old laptop which I have MT4 installed. I plan to purchase a new desktop machine for MT4/Algo trading in a few months. TIA

Question1: Should I setup a VPS on my 10 year old laptop MT4 installation? How easy would it be to migrate the VPS / Account to the new computer?

Question2: What if my old laptop dies suddenly? What happens to the VPS I setup on the old laptop? If I setup mt4 on a new computer, can I migrate the entire setup (plus paid Expert Advisors) from the VPS to the new computer?

Question3: If my old computer dies, and I have paid EAs from mql5.com, how easy is it to install the paid EA onto the new computer if I can't access the old computer anymore?

Direct Buying:

Newbie here. I have a old 10 year old laptop which I have MT4 installed. I plan to purchase a new desktop machine for MT4/Algo trading in a few months. TIA

Question1: Should I setup a VPS on my 10 year old laptop MT4 installation? How easy would it be to migrate the VPS / Account to the new computer?

Question2: What if my old laptop dies suddenly? What happens to the VPS I setup on the old laptop? If I setup mt4 on a new computer, can I migrate the entire setup (plus paid Expert Advisors) from the VPS to the new computer?

Question3: If my old computer dies, and I have paid EAs from mql5.com, how easy is it to install the paid EA onto the new computer if I can't access the old computer anymore?

If you use MQL5 VPS all your questions are irrelevant, you will migrate your trading environment on the cloud and you will have your local computer turned off.

A MQL5 VPS subscription can be used on any computer and can be transfered to another computer (for performing your trading environment migration), under the same MQL5 account credentials.

Eleni Anna Branou:

If you use MQL5 VPS all your questions are irrelevant, you will migrate your trading environment on the cloud and you will have your local computer turned off.

A MQL5 VPS subscription can be used on any computer and can be transfered to another computer (for performing your trading environment migration), under the same MQL5 account credential

If my Expert Advisor is a MT4 expert advisor, and I run it on MT4, can I migrate everything on the cloud? When you say "use MQL5 VPS", do you mean just the website? Or do you mean if the Expert Advisor is written in MQL5 and ran on MT4? Can I run MQL4 expert  advisors in MQL5 to migrate things over the cloud? TIA

Direct Buying:

If my Expert Advisor is a MT4 expert advisor, and I run it on MT4, can I migrate everything on the cloud? When you say "use MQL5 VPS", do you mean just the website? Or do you mean if the Expert Advisor is written in MQL5 and ran on MT4? Can I run MQL4 expert  advisors in MQL5 to migrate things over the cloud? TIA

Yes, you can. MQL5 VPS is the virtual server that can run your EAs and is offered by MQL5.com.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you use MQL5 VPS you do not need to keep your computer on.

You must synchronize properly your EAs and/or indicators in order to work on the virtual server.

Your MQL5 VPS's journal log will begin recording after your first synchronization.

In order to synchronize an Expert Advisor with your MQL5 VPS server, you need to attach your EA on a chart, click the Auto Trading button and then right click on your VPS server >> Synchronize experts, indicators.

After the synchronization you check the VPS (right click) >> Journals, that you are getting the following message: 1 (or whatever) chart, 1 (or whatever) EA, 0 (or whatever) custom indicators, signal disabled.

After the synchronization with your MQL5 VPS you DO NOT keep the Auto Trading button ON.

Hi there really new with VPSs so im having hard time figuring out a few things.

Any help will be really nice.

Im trying to use VPS for risk management, I have a computer which is remote and I do not have access to often which enables me to run my risk parameters from there. 

However on my actual trading computer I still have access to the virtual cloud, therefore I could cancel or close the cloud and trade beyond my risk parameters. is this the case? 

I am not entirely to sure if this is the case but would really like to know how this work as i bought a risk parameter for the reason that I could not access it or access it remotely if I installed a VPS

Kindest Regards