VPS time setting - page 2

Hitoshi Hyodo:

I understood the first time you spoke. Do you understand my point of view and can you think a little about it?

Whatever your point of view may be, the answer is still the same, you can't change broker/server or MQL5 VP server time.

It doesn't matter how hard I think about this, it will not going to change anything.

I also use a broker with a New York based server and MQL5 VPS with New York based servers, but their times have 1 hour difference and I can't do anything about it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Whatever your point of view may be, the answer is still the same, you can't change broker/server or MQL5 VP server time.

It doesn't matter how hard I think about this, it will not going to change anything.

I also use a broker with a New York based server and MQL5 VPS with New York based servers, but their times have 1 hour difference and I can't do anything about it.

Thank you for your excellent response ...

You who use a VPS Metaquotes in NY that connects to a brokerage in NY, never stopped to think WHY there is an hour difference?

If the VPS is in NY, shouldn't the time be local NY time?

Hitoshi Hyodo:

Thank you for your excellent response ...

You who use a VPS Metaquotes in NY that connects to a brokerage in NY, never stopped to think WHY there is an hour difference?

If the VPS is in NY, shouldn't the time be local NY time?

Yes, I though about it but then I stopped thinking about it because I can't change it.

Eleni Anna Branou:

Sim, eu pensei sobre isso, mas depois parei de pensar nisso, porque não posso mudar.

OK, thanks for trying to help me. I'm sorry if I overstepped the answer.

I would like to understand the reasons for this time difference, as my Experts have hours of operation and I believe they are not operating because of this difference.

Here in Brazil - SP the local time is GTM -3 and due to the difference of 5 hours with the times that the logs/journal present, it seems to me that the VPS time is GMT +2. Why???

What is the technical or reasonable reason why the VPS time is so different from the time where the VPS is located?

Hitoshi Hyodo:

OK, thanks for trying to help me. I'm sorry if I overstepped the answer.

I would like to understand the reasons for this time difference, as my Experts have hours of operation and I believe they are not operating because of this difference.

Here in Brazil - SP the local time is GTM -3 and due to the difference of 5 hours with the times that the logs/journal present, it seems to me that the VPS time is GMT +2. Why???

What is the technical or reasonable reason why the VPS time is so different from the time where the VPS is located?

I really don't know.

Eleni Anna Branou:

I really don't know.

Tks!

Could someone in charge of Metaquotes or in charge VPS/Metaquotes explain?

Hello Traders,

I would like to know if it is possible to close a VPS ( MQL5) opened on a PC and restart it on another PC for the same account and broker.

Thanks.

Gianfranco Tanzi:

Hello Traders,

I would like to know if it is possible to close a VPS ( MQL5) opened on a PC and restart it on another PC for the same account and broker.

Thanks.

Bro, I think so, but research if your question is not answered in another topic.

Updating positions, I found that the VPS trading hours are compatible with local time.

Only the log / journal time is wrong, reporting 5 hours more than the correct local time.

I also discovered that my robots were not getting into position due to a liquidity filter that I had in one of the robots - this made all the others stop going into operation and worse, without any errors or alerts.  Highlighting that this same robot with liquidity filter works perfectly on AWS

Anyway, the question still remains: Metaquotes, why is the log/journal time like this?

Hitoshi Hyodo:

Updating positions, I found that the VPS trading hours are compatible with local time.

Only the log / journal time is wrong, reporting 5 hours more than the correct local time.

I also discovered that my robots were not getting into position due to a liquidity filter that I had in one of the robots - this made all the others stop going into operation and worse, without any errors or alerts.  Highlighting that this same robot with liquidity filter works perfectly on AWS

Anyway, the question still remains: Metaquotes, why is the log/journal time like this?

VPS trading hours or VPS Metatrader trading hours?
Because MQL5 VPS = "your Metatrader in cloud".
And Metatrader trading hours = the time of the broker's server.
And VPS trading hours does not exist because MQL5 VPS is not a trading platform (Metatrader is the trading platform).

So, it is very logical about why time of Metatrader (time of the broker's server) is different from the time of VPS server (logs).

----------------