What to do if freelance developer stops replying for some time?

Good morning everyone.

I have a freelance job with a developer that began near the end of April. The initial deadline was some days, approximately a week, and has taken up to this time, an entire month later. I haven't heard from the developer in almost 2 weeks coming, and I have sent them 3 messages so far over the past week. I can understand if something has gone wrong but communication is key, and I have had to wait over a month for a week long job. What should I do if I don't hear from the developer? How long should I wait? If anyone can give me some advice on what action to take I would appreciate it. Thank you.

In the bottom right of the freelance screen, "Request for arbitration".

Expect a long wait for a response though.

Keith Watford:

In the bottom right of the freelance screen, "Request for arbitration".

Expect a long wait for a response though.

What do I include in the arbitration message? Should I wait any longer for the developer or should I do it immediately? They have otherwise been good and I have happily given them extensions previously, but I feel like now its gone on for a bit too long.

Also, how long is the waiting time for arbitration response roughly?

Thank you for your advice :)

KingKong747:

What do I include in the arbitration message? Should I wait any longer for the developer or should I do it immediately? They have otherwise been good and I have happily given them extensions previously, but I feel like now its gone on for a bit too long.

Also, how long is the waiting time for arbitration response roughly?

Thank you for your advice :)

Just say that the developer does not respond and that the job is overdue.

Do it now if you think that the developer is not responding. It may wake him up and then you can cancel arbitration.

No knowing how long arbitration will take, days, weeks or months.