Cancelling a signal subscription

Hi all,

I hope the Service Desk reads here as well. Just my luck, on 5/30  I subscribe to the signal:  [...] only to have him start trolling on the very next trading day. Opening 100% losing positions. Not even 50/50 or 80/20 losing, but 100% losing trades and closing them with the incurred loss.

As soon as I caught on, i hit 'Unsubscribe' but this didn't work, not in MT4, not on MQL5.com. Only 5-10 minutes later did it do so causing even more losses in the meantime. I didn't want to stop the VPS server for it, as I thought the server would then be non-restorable for further use after that.

Now I'm pretty sure this was not a Martingale, just deliberate trolling. He had a clean record up until then and seemed to know whether long or short would cause a loss.

Can such latent trolls be charged for misconduct? And subscribers' money reimbursed? I'm sure others got wrecked as well...

jh2020:

Hi all,

I hope the Service Desk reads here as well. Just my luck, on 5/30  I subscribe to the signal:  [...] only to have him start trolling on the very next trading day. Opening 100% losing positions. Not even 50/50 or 80/20 losing, but 100% losing trades and closing them with the incurred loss.

As soon as I caught on, i hit 'Unsubscribe' but this didn't work, not in MT4, not on MQL5.com. Only 5-10 minutes later did it do so causing even more losses in the meantime. I didn't want to stop the VPS server for it, as I thought the server would then be non-restorable for further use after that.

Now I'm pretty sure this was not a Martingale, just deliberate trolling. He had a clean record up until then and seemed to know whether long or short would cause a loss.

Can such latent trolls be charged for misconduct? And subscribers' money reimbursed? I'm sure others got wrecked as well...

You clicked unsubscribed but the signal subscription was still running on your MQL5 VPS.

You need to unsubscribe, stop your MQL5 VPS or synchonize with the signal subscription stopped and finally close all the open still running positions manually.

As for the signal provider, he probably didn't had a clean record, but you thought so, by not looking very closely to the signal's trading history.

You should look carefully for martnigale practices and especially hidden martnigale, for example many different positions on the same currency pair, opened at exactly the same time.

Martingale is not only when a 0.01 position is opened, followed by a 0.02 one and later by a 0.04 one, but also when a 0.01 position is opened, followed by 2 of 0.01 at the same exact time and later followed by 4 of 0.01 at again the same time.

Also don't be fooled by extra low maximum drawdown when you see a light blue line in the growth chart, that means that the signal has been connected to MQL5.com at a much later date that its starting date and that the maximum drawdown that is advertised is valid for the connection period only. The connection time to MQL5.com is visible on the left side of signal's statistics, along with other trade data.

jh2020:

Hi all,

No.

This is the risk you take when you subscribe.

You should not be in financial markets at all.

Eleni Anna Branou:

You clicked unsubscribed but the signal subscription was still running on your MQL5 VPS.

You need to unsubscribe, stop your MQL5 VPS or synchonize with the signal subscription stopped and finally close all the open still running positions manually.

As for the signal provider, he probably didn't had a clean record, but you thought so, by not looking very closely to the signal's trading history.

You should look carefully for martnigale practices and especially hidden martnigale, for example many different positions on the same currency pair, opened at exactly the same time.

Martingale is not only when a 0.01 position is opened, followed by a 0.02 one and later by a 0.04 one, but also when a 0.01 position is opened, followed by 2 of 0.01 at the same exact time and later followed by 4 of 0.01 at again the same time.

Also don't be fooled by extra low maximum drawdown when you see a light blue line in the growth chart, that means that the signal has been connected to MQL5.com at a much later date that its starting date and that the maximum drawdown that is advertised is valid for the connection period only. The connection time to MQL5.com is visible on the left side of signal's statistics, along with other trade data.

Thank you for answering and clarifying!