What will be risky if we combine martingale and hedging? - page 2

alanwee:

Hi Sky,

Here's an example of what happens to a Martingale strategy:

www.forexpeacearmy.com/forex- strategies/1358/fx_charger

It's 100% dead as of 2 days ago, even though it's been running successfully for 4 years in a Live environment.

Martingale requires an unlimited amount of capital.

alan

I think if this one with hedging, it could survive. 

Sky L:

I think if this one with hedging, it could survive. 

Don't 'think' as the best way for you to get the true facts is to try it in reality!

Martingale seems to be very tempting to use but in reality it's just a matter of time before you loose it all pretty hard!

Kenneth Parling:

Don't 'think' as the best way for you to get the true facts is to try it in reality!

Martingale seems to be very tempting to use but in reality it's just a matter of time before you loose it all pretty hard!

Thank you so much, Kenneth. 

Yes, it is not good to positive for everything and we have to keep improve. 

What I think is, if we use hedging with martingale, when the market go a way different our first decision, we can lock DD and take profit as well. 

Logically, I think it is totally possible, because almost all strategies have decision cause both buy and sell. However I have to know what could be the risk in math. 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

martingale :

get 10% monthly

AND

get -100% one day

Your biggest enemy here is assumption.

It's good to ask questions but by all means make sure you do not blindly accept all the answers.

It's in the best of your interest to also verify these things so that you can get a first hand experience on the matter.  

Everyone knew it was impossibleuntil a fool who didn't know came along and did it.”

Sky L:

Dear experienced traders, 

I think if we can combine some strategies combine with both martingale and hedging, it will be a very strong strategy. 

How do you think combine martingale and hedging? Will it be risky mathematically? 

* Known demerit for combine martingale and hedging is below:

1. We have to pay double spread and commotion. 

2. We have to take care double drow down.

3. More opportunity/risk to enter. 

Thank you in advance and best wishes,

Sky

dear skye, 

all dear experienced traders around told you the truth about martingale & hedging, it's very tedious and obviously needs to be part of a "higher strategy".

Recently a dude from Turkey has opened a thread, concerning a project where he could eventually use hedging & martingale & some others tricks but the whole being empowered by a "serious" mathematical approach (apparently he has the skills required for !)

check it out. he started only few days ago, so be indulgent !

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/341589 

Working on an intelligence lot size algorithm together...
Working on an intelligence lot size algorithm together...
  • www.mql5.com
Hi all, I hope you are well. I want to develop an intelligence lot size algorithm for a Reward/Risk= 1/6 ratio...

Jean Francois Le Bas:

martingale :

get 10% monthly

AND

get -100% one day

Thank you, Jean. 

I saw someone sent me a question yesterday in mobile diverse, but the question seems deleted and I forgot what was the question. Sorry for my late reply. 

Marco vd Heijden:

Everyone knew it was impossibleuntil a fool who didn't know came along and did it.”

Thank you, Marco. 

I got it.

And for me, Anti-martingale looks very good. 

Why the font is different, does it have any meaning for that? 

Icham Aidibe:

dear skye, 

all dear experienced traders around told you the truth about martingale & hedging, it's very tedious and obviously needs to be part of a "higher strategy".

Recently a dude from Turkey has opened a thread, concerning a project where he could eventually use hedging & martingale & some others tricks but the whole being empowered by a "serious" mathematical approach (apparently he has the skills required for !)

check it out. he started only few days ago, so be indulgent !

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/341589 

Thank you so much, Icham. 

I'm finding for this.