What does this parameter in iCustom do?

I am wondering about the 2nd to last parameter.

int icustom_var = iCustom(_Symbol,0,"blabla",20,true,0,3,1);

The parameter with the value of 3 in my example above.

In the docs in says its the mode of the indicator.
In a lot of examples ive seen people referring to they say its the buffer.

I want the value of a buffer. Its one of 4 from an indicator but im still now sure how to get it. 

codenameCookie:
I am wondering about the 2nd to last parameter.

The parameter with the value of 3 in my example above.

In the docs in says its the mode of the indicator.
In a lot of examples ive seen people referring to they says its the buffer.

I want the value of a buffer. Its one of 4 from an indicator but im still now sure how to get it. 

In MQL4, it is the buffer index, so if the indicator has 4 buffers, it will be between 0 and 3.

Please confirm whether this is MQL4 or 5.

Keith Watford:

In MQL4, it is the buffer index, so if the indicator has 4 buffers, it will be between 0 and 3.

Please confirm whether this is MQL4 or 5.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

I have literally been trying to work out icustom full time for almost a week.
Im close to crying. LOL

It is MQl5 I'm using. Or trying to anyway.

The indicator is SSL. The first two buffers are UPPER and LOWER then the 2nd two are BUY and SELL. 
May want to use others later but for now Im just trying to get the value of BUY when it exists. 

Ive tried the docs and tried hacks. Problem with the hacks were sometimes Upper and Lower can both have values so just trying to use those to make my own buy signal didnt work well. 

JFYI. It is actually probably buffer 2 I want. Since BUY is the 3rd one in the chat Output Window. 

I'm suprised there is not just a univeral true/false boolean for such trade signal indicators. 
Would want to use it as part of an algo later but still could use boolans instead of values 

Are you reading the documentation for MQL5?

int icustom_var = iCustom(_Symbol,0,"blabla",20,true,0,3,1);

Is icustom_var intended to be a handle? (Everything after the name are input parameters.) It should be declared globalscope, the handle created in OnInit and get the the buffer value in OnTick/OnCalculate.

I suggest that you read the MQL5 documentation for iCustom very carefully.