Publish EA in market, that works with external indicator - how? - page 3

I got 2 questions for good people with brain.

1. What about if It's a custom indicator not from the market???   

2. How to resource an Indicator???

Ugochukwu Mobi:

@Alain 1. What about if It's a custom indicator not from the market???   2. How to resource an Indicator???

Read the documentation and search on the forum. I am not a free service to answer all your questions.

Andreas Bauer:

Hi,

I want to publish an EA in the market, that works with an external indicator.

But the validation cannot be completed, as the system cannot backtest my EA.

This is the info:

test on EURUSD,H1 tester takes too long time 2016.04.01 00:00:00 cannot open file 'MQL4\indicators\Market\**Indicator.ex4**' [3]

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

**Changed name of indi, as it is prohibited to call it here**

Yes It is possible, You can do it

You have two options

1. You need to ask the owner of the indicator to make a demo for backtesting only and you will have to resource it. 
2. Check if the Indicator exist If yes, use it and if not, execute something else(I will use MA just for the EA to pass the test) that will also place order but print am error message after that

I just need more information how to resource an indicator from good and smart people. Lets wait for them

string  file_name = "Accelerator.mq5";
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
//| Script program start function                                    |
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+
void OnStart()
{
//--- 
   ResetLastError();

int filehandle = FileOpen(file_name,FILE_BIN);

if(filehandle!=INVALID_HANDLE)
      {
         Alert(file_name+" File Found!");
      }
   else Alert("Operation failed, error ",GetLastError());
}

If you do not have the source code it will not recognize the format/

So that leaves you with several options and what a coincidence i remember we talked about something similar yesterday. 

I found this codes but I need for mq4 if anyone can assist

#resource "\\Indicators\\indicator.ex5" //include the indicator in your file for convenience

int IndicHandle;
IndicHandle=iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"::Indicators\\indicator.ex5", inputofindicator1, inputofindicator2, inputofindicator3, inputofindicator4);

Marco vd Heijden:

If you do not have the source code it will not recognize the format/

So that leaves you with several options and what a coincidence i remember we talked about something similar yesterday. 

You must be joking right ?

Alain Verleyen:

You must be joking right ?

Yes i am.

Ugochukwu Mobi:

I found this codes but I need for mq4 if anyone can assist

Yes so you need the ex4/5 to add as a resource but it can not be a market product because those use a licence system.

I could not find a rule that prohibits this explicitly thought , unless its the rule for restricting the product operation via non systemic means.

Lorentzos Roussos:
I could not find a rule that prohibits this explicitly thought , unless its the rule for restricting the product operation via non systemic means.
It's not a matter of rules. It just doesn't work, you can't validate such product.