EA not taking trades. Works for yesterday when backtested but did not take any trades

EA not taking trades. Works for yesterday when backtested but did not take any trades.

I have done all below checks and all is good :

“Autotrading” option should be turned on in the top toolbar of the MT4 terminal window.

“Allow live trading” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window. Look for smiley face in the right-top corner of the chart.

“Long & Short” positions should be enabled for normal Expert Advisor operation.

For some EA’s the “Allow DLL imports” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window.

For some EA’s the “Allow import of external experts” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window.

Check configuration in the “Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors” window.

Check the “Experts” tab for error messages at the bottom of the MT4 terminal window.

Check the “Journal” tab for error messages at the bottom of the MT4 terminal window.

Check if MT4 terminal is connected to the broker server.

Check if your Internet connection has no problems.

Make sure MT4 app can authorize license key (if applicable).

Restart MT4 client terminal.

I installed it a day before, I waited till today morning, as I was keeping notes of possible trades as per conditions set, there were many trades but the system took none. When I backtested now for last day (yesterday), it took the trades as per my expectations. Please help.

sidhuiqbal2004:

EA not taking trades. Works for yesterday when backtested but did not take any trades.

I have done all below checks and all is good :

“Autotrading” option should be turned on in the top toolbar of the MT4 terminal window.

“Allow live trading” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window. Look for smiley face in the right-top corner of the chart.

“Long & Short” positions should be enabled for normal Expert Advisor operation.

For some EA’s the “Allow DLL imports” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window.

For some EA’s the “Allow import of external experts” option should be selected in the “EA Properties” window.

Check configuration in the “Tools -> Options -> Expert Advisors” window.

Check the “Experts” tab for error messages at the bottom of the MT4 terminal window.

Check the “Journal” tab for error messages at the bottom of the MT4 terminal window.

Check if MT4 terminal is connected to the broker server.

Check if your Internet connection has no problems.

Make sure MT4 app can authorize license key (if applicable).

Restart MT4 client terminal.

I installed it a day before, I waited till today morning, as I was keeping notes of possible trades as per conditions set, there were many trades but the system took none. When I backtested now for last day (yesterday), it took the trades as per my expectations. Please help.

various factors can be involved...spread, time, slippage and i don't know anything about your expert adviser and how it operates and how it's coded, it may work in tester but not in real life..who knows, i sure don't!

Kenneth Parling:

various factors can be involved...spread, time, slippage and i don't know anything about your expert adviser and how it operates and how it's coded, it may work in tester but not in real life..who knows, i sure don't!

I made it on a free EA website and have backtested for quite long and also backtested on yesterday's chart when It was installed but did not take any trade, but when backtested on yesterday chart it took trades. I am not sure, But I am trying to use the EA on an indices, will that work. And Also, I can share the EA if you can tweak and see what's wrong.

sidhuiqbal2004:

I made it on a free EA website and have backtested for quite long and also backtested on yesterday's chart when It was installed but did not take any trade, but when backtested on yesterday chart it took trades. I am not sure, But I am trying to use the EA on an indices, will that work. And Also, I can share the EA if you can tweak and see what's wrong.

Ea website builders produce poor functionally programs, if i was you i'd start learning to code the right way! No i'm not going to tweak anything for you with such stuff, never ever!

1. Do you really expect an answer with the information you've provided? There are no mind readers here and our crystal balls are cracked. We can't see your broken code — we can only guess. And you haven't provided any information for that. Look in the logs.

2. EA builder, EATree, Etasoft forex generator, Forex Strategy Builder, FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER, FX EA Builder, fxDreema, FxPro, Molanis, Online Forex Expert Advisor Generator, Strategy Builder FX, Strategy Quant, Visual Trader Studio, MQL5 Wizard, etc., are all the same. You will get something quick, but then you will spend a much longer time trying to get it right, than if you learned the language up front, and then just wrote it.
    1. Since you haven't learned MQL4/5, therefor there is no common language for us to communicate.
      If we tell you what you need, you can't code it.
      If we give you the code, you don't know how to integrate it into yours.
      We are willing to HELP you when you post your attempt (using SRC) and the nature of your problem, but we are not going to debug your hundreds of lines of code. You are essentially going to be on your own.

2. EA builder makes bad code counting up while closing multiple orders.
      EA builder makes bad code Bars is unreliable (Max bars in chart), volume is unreliable (miss ticks.) Always use time.
      EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for 4/5 digit brokers, TP/SL and slippage.
      EA builder makes bad code, not adjusting for ECN brokers. pre-Build 500)
      EA builder makes bad code, not
      checking return codes.

3. EATree uses objects on chart to save values — not persistent storage (files or GV+Flush.) No recovery (crash/power failure.)

4. FX EA Builder makes bad code, not checking return codes.
      FX EA Builder makes bad code, loosing open tickets on terminal restart. No recovery (crash/power failure.)
      FX EA Builder makes bad code, not adjusting stops for the spread.
      FX EA Builder makes bad code, using OrdersTotal directly.

5. FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, non-updateing global variables.
      FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, compilation errors.
      FOREXEADVISOR STRATEGY BUILDER makes bad code, not checking return codes.

Learn to code it, or pay someone (Freelance) someone to code it.
              Hiring to write script - General - MQL5 programming forum

In future please post in the correct section
I will move your topic to the MQL4 and Metatrader 4 section.